MIS with point of sale capibilities

mcsgorlok

My name is Tim and I work at a small, all digital in-plant (6 full-time employees) pirnt and mail center at Webster University. We have a wide-format printer, 1 Xerox 4112 and 1 Xerox Docucolor 700 as well as some bindery equipment. We're looking for an MIS that has point of sale functionality because we have a walk-up counter where we sell stamps, shipping and where cash customers can pick up their printing orders.

Currently, we don't use an MIS and we are using a very outdated version of Quickbooks Point of Sale for invoicing and billing. We would like a system that is fairly easy to use and modular so that we can upgrade if we need to add more functionality. We want to have a point of sale functionality so that we don't have to train new employees and student workers to use multiple systems and so that there's no trouble when moving a job from production to billing. Can anybody point me towards a system that might work for us?

Thanks.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back