Monterey Gloss Stock

lchandra

Hi,

I'm having trouble creating Grade #5 SWOP workflow on Fuji Finalproof, mainly because I cannot acquire the Monterey Gloss stock on their ADS sheet. Is there any comparable stock that other people use? They specified ' Strobe Gloss Cover 80#'. Where can I find information for those type of paper?

Thank you all

- Levy

I have a ton of it that i had cut to fir my Latran Prediction 1420.
If you need some sheets, let me know.

You could also call Manchester Industries. They will cut it to the size you need.

-ian

Monterey gloss is no longer manufactured. Lotta' folks are measuring the white point of the stock they're gonna' print on and editing a profile to suit. That's what I've done.

There have been discussions about changing the data set, but nothing has been settled yet.

Last edited:
I guess the obvious (if unhelpful) question is: What printers actually target SWOP_Coated5 for their magazine printing? I set-up a SWOP5 queue on an Epson and although some pubs use a paper that is close to the SWOP5 white (that's why I set it up), I couldn't find a single one that the SWOP3 proofs didn't match better. It really seems to me that even printers who are using that color paper try to shoot for the SWOP3 "look". Of course I can only test this on pubs we prepare ads for, so I'm wondering if anyone has seen a publication that "looks like" SWOP_Coated5.

-Todd Shirley

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back