Morgana Digifold Pro XL vs Multigraf CF375

I've used the CF375 for a long time. 80 text will work, but it's not ideal. The best stocks are cover stocks. It's meant more for digitally printed material, and for doing score and folds. I have folded as thin as 60# text on it before, but it's not the best for that application. I have not worked on a Morgana before, so I can't speak to that machine.

We considered both. The CF375 because of good reviews on here and also as we are familiar with the Multigraf feeder, being the same as that on the Vivid Omniflow we have had for four years.

However the Morgana Digifold Pro XL demonstration, across a wide range of our own jobs was faultless, impressive and won the day. The additional level of automation around matching airflow to substrate weight and thickness keyed in, makes the machine easy to use for new operators.

Early days yet (ours was installed in January) however so far so good with the jobs we've put through it. Tools are easy to swap out and the GUI is intuitive and memories easy to work with, edit and create variations, etc.

Ours replaced an Autocreaser Pro33 and Duplo DF-1200 air suction folder.

I have the Morgana. Great machine, def not good for 20lb but 80lb should be great. If you're not looking to crease you should get something like a Baum. It much faster.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back