Morgana FSN numbering

Mstrkey

So I have this old Morgana FSN I use for numbering various small runs of forms and such. When I fist purchased it used, about two years ago it had some problems with a burned out PCB. I ordered up a new factory board and harness for it which fixed my problem. Now, about two years later I'm getting the same issue.

When I try to run a job, I get one chance and once chance only to turn the power on and number. If I'm successful, I can get maybe 200 numbers tops, then my vacuum feed shuts off, and my numbering activation(optical sensor) goes on full auto. If I wait about half an hour, I can get it to work again for a while then the same issue. If I don't get it working immediately, or if I have to turn the machine off temporarily for some reason, I have to wait the full half hour again or it will act up.

Obviously there is a power supply issue again(I think) but these PCBs are expensive and don't seem to last very long. Has anyone else out there experienced this same problem with this machine? I swear I'm cursed.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back