Most Litho-like digital print?

Without spending a fortune (<$150,000) which digital press produces the most matte print?

I refer to printing onto uncoated paper especially.

Xerox are making a big thing of their 'low-matte toner' on the Versant 2100.

How does this compare to say a KM C8000?

I am very interested to see how the Versant compares to the C75. Apparently the ink formulation is different.

Without spending a fortune (<$150,000) which digital press produces the most matte print?

I refer to printing onto uncoated paper especially.

Xerox are making a big thing of their 'low-matte toner' on the Versant 2100.

How does this compare to say a KM C8000?

C8000 is much higher shine. It's also discontinued. KM say that the replacements (1085 & 1100) are lower shine, but I haven't seen any samples on those to compare. TBH the vast majority of people like the output from a C8000, it has a shine on the toner but not that "layered" look that the older Xerox machines were prone to. I really hope that KM and Xerox don't throw the baby out with the bath water trying to get a more matt look, as that has the potential to create a lot of end customer dissatisfaction. I'm aware that Xerox machines have a mode for a "shinier" output, but in the demos I've seen that makes very little difference.

C8000 is much higher shine. It's also discontinued. KM say that the replacements (1085 & 1100) are lower shine, but I haven't seen any samples on those to compare. TBH the vast majority of people like the output from a C8000, it has a shine on the toner but not that "layered" look that the older Xerox machines were prone to. I really hope that KM and Xerox don't throw the baby out with the bath water trying to get a more matt look, as that has the potential to create a lot of end customer dissatisfaction. I'm aware that Xerox machines have a mode for a "shinier" output, but in the demos I've seen that makes very little difference.

I had a look at some 1100 output last week. It is less glossy than the 8000, but perhaps not quite as matt as KM have been trumpeting. By my guess, about the same as our old 6500. It looked good and perfectly saleable.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back