Moving a Herkules M

PremierPrinting

Hello All, Going to be moving a Herkules M, just wondering if i need to lock anything down before moving it so the heads or anything else dont get damaged, none of the manuals say anything about moving the equipment of course. Thank You - Kyle

Moving Hercules

Moving Hercules

Open the side panels and the top panels of the machine, if the Machine was properly set up, you should find all the Brackets of how to lock the machine down before moving.

moving a herk

moving a herk

you should have a box of lock downs . .. we moved ours a couple of years ago and we had our heidelberg technician / friend do it for us but as I recall - you need to disconnect the lead screw from the mirror and lock them both down and I think there were some lock down blocks that took the spring action out of the mounting of the drum or something like that . . . hope this helps

Take off all covers around the perimeter of the machine. At ea.corner you'll find a small plate with a hole. remove the plate w/3mm allen under the plate is a threaded hole for shipping bolt, thread bolts in (4X) put plates (shipping) back on (w/3MM allen) two lock nuts secure the other end of the bolt. This keeps the drum from bouncing around during transport. Move the head toward the control panel. You should have a long red bolt that threads into the head carriage and that bolt then runs through a hole in the frame use nuts to tighten the bolt to tighten that end down. There are several other things to do but this should help get you started. The feed motor is ideally also locked in place as is the compressor (below control panel).
Good luck :)

Hi you need a CD called follow me from Heidelberg. This Valuable cd not only help you with the locks, but also in case of any problems will help you to rectify the problem.

Also the step by step procedures of removal/installation for every part with graphic demo is very nice.

Try to get one. Your life will be much easier for troubleshooting of your machine in the future.

Hope this will help.

[email protected]:)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back