MS Word to Adobe PDF

andyt

Hi Forum,

Can anyone help ? we are experiencing difficulties and differences in PDF creation from MS Word 2003 (PC) and MS Word 2004 (Mac)

We are using the same manuscript word doc which has section breaks and bookmarks applied - when using the Acrobat PDFMaker options from Word 2003 (PC) we get a good PDF that suports the section breaks and bookmarks - when we try the same for Word 2004 (Mac) it appears that the bookmark support features are no longer present and the section breaks create multiple pdf files, which is incorrect.

Leonard Rosenthal - if your out there, we would really appreciate your advise

Thank you,

Andy

I know this probably doesn't help but once all those PDF's are written. Have you tried just combining them using Combine files in Acrobat Pro? The only thing I can think of is a certain option isn't ticked when creating the PDF. I don't get many options when I try to save a PDF from word it seems very limited so I can't check (using Word 2008 on Mac os x).

Can anyone help ? we are experiencing difficulties and differences in PDF creation from MS Word 2003 (PC) and MS Word 2004 (Mac)

We are using the same manuscript word doc which has section breaks and bookmarks applied - when using the Acrobat PDFMaker options from Word 2003 (PC) we get a good PDF that suports the section breaks and bookmarks - when we try the same for Word 2004 (Mac) it appears that the bookmark support features are no longer present and the section breaks create multiple pdf files, which is incorrect.

The Mac versions of PDFMaker do NOT support the same bookmarking and linking features available on Windows. As such, just use the Windows versions (either natively or via VM) and you'll be just fine.

Leonard Rosenthal - if your out there, we would really appreciate your advise

You're welcome!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back