My print job smells like ink

Once worked for a smart-aleck manager at a quik-copy place. He took a 12" square piece of wood, routered a triangle into it, and had the words "price, speed, quality" at the corners.
Beneath that, it said - "Pick Two." He pointed at that sign at least twice a week the whole time I worked there.

My father is an mechanical engineer and they have a variation on that same phrase.

"There are three ways you can have something, Good, Fast and Cheap. You only get two of the three"

someone at my company actually asked our production manager if we could permanently stop using spray powder shop-wide due to a client complaint about rollers gumming up in their office laser printer when imprinting blanks that we had run for them (blanks which didnt have much powder to begin with!)

some people....

"It's not going to be printed on this paper right??"
Yes glued togerther or a blueline... or the old #20 bond Business Card

I have gotten a few complaints about the smell of the coldset web jobs we print (mostly jobs that are placemats) i am running mostly heatset webs with one half-web coldset press running heatset ink. Is there any ideas out there to help reduce the smell? would IR lamps help at all? would blowing compressed air over the web help? any ideas?
rd

We had a designer come in and tell us that when she got some business cards from her previous printer that the stock was thinner than what she had ordered . . . in response to that the printer told her that when the paper went through the press is got squished and ended up thinner . . . laughed about that for a long time . . . .

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back