Nanography and nanoprint

We had someone at DRUPA who attended the Landa Presentation, saw the samples and the equipment. I received this report, the quality of the display samples was poor, the presses were not operating, a lot of smoke and mirrors. I am looking at the printed brochure as I write this and I am shaking my head. The cover does not bleed and I can see white paper and trim marks on the face edge. Back inside cover has the white/bleed issue on the spine, and the page number is trimmed off. I would think that if you are going to revolutionize print you would try to do it with printed collateral that looks revolutionary. Looks like schlock to me, and makes me think someone is rushing the revolution!
Best regards,
Todd

Give Benny credit for keeping a lid on it this long and stealing the show, I have to imaging that it will become a commercially viable product at some point (not installs by the end of the year like he said). But also, if he is able to do crappy quality at 12,000 SHP, which may be fine for some transmo apps, then maybe he can slow it down to 6,000 and do 1200x1200, which would be plenty of speed and quality for some of my commercial work, and WAY faster then my Indigo...

Seeing is Believing..lets not be judgmental till we see this work with our own two eyes..i appreciate how Landa attracted such huge crowds to his stands at Drupa with his "Nano Bigger Than you Think"..it must be something ingenious that it gathered so much attention..

I like the idea of a new vision and even if it is not the way to go… may be the way to provoke others to think out of the box? He raises several important points.

Don't know about that, for me the things were just showey in a Star Trekky TNG-ish, I-Poddy fashion, more blend-work than a real comercial possiblity.
Think, trying to push a inferior and expensive apperatus in a saturated market.
I was glad to see them however thanks but no thanks

Here is a brief summary from one of our industry leaders and his impression on Landa at DRUPA:

"• Landa Labs: Without a doubt, Landa Labs stole the show/ Benny Landa, the founder of the Indigo Press and a major proponent of digital printing technologies, announced during drupa that he has come up with what he calls Nanography, the latest in printing technologies. In short, his Nanographic presses use a blanket technology and proprietary water-based nano inks fore a wide range of products.

Mr. Landa had a number of his presses on display in Hall 9. The first thing one notices is that that he has created huge iPhone-like control panels for his presses. It’s a very good idea, and somehow, I think that will become the industry norm. While the presses are running, there was no output, as the copy went into sealed boxes.

What was particularly eye-catching about Landa Labs was the intricate live show hosted by Mr. Landa himself, replete with five dancers and some really clever graphics showing how inkjet ink soaks through paper fibers. These free shows were “sold out,” or filled to capacity, but were streamed live to the Landa Labs booth, where it seemed like thousands of attendees watched in interest.

There is no timetable yet for delivery of these presses, nor were there any samples. My guess is that drupa 2012 served as an introduction to Nanography, and we can expect these presses to reach the market in the next few years, perhaps with Landa Labs supplying the inks."

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back