need a digital Printer to purchase

Penny

Hi guyz, am new but begging for your kindness and help me. I need a digital laser printer, printing upto A3 or A2, if it available. Am based in Kigali Rwanda and get lots of jobs like envelops, post cards, visiting cards, books in small quantities, brochure in small quantities, and the likes.

I have been printing from Nairobo and sometimes in Kampala which ofcourse is too costly for me. So I decided to buy my own digital printer but cant get any where I can purchase it from.

Any ideas, please help. Thanks in advance!

heh well Im sure many on the site could sell you one, but support is another issue...

Maybe part of your opportunity is becoming a reseller of technology?

Hi there, im looking for a second hand Konica Minolta Pro 5500 or 6500 in the uk. I can get a service agreement. Can anyone help? J

Maybe a little late, we run digital print in Harare, Zimbabwe and have no technical backup whatsoever.
With a low unit price, OKI C9650 will allow you to get 2 or 3 units plus guillotine and extras at the same price as whats broadly available on this site. That means ongoing back-up.
If you havnt found a solution as yet contact me for purchasing details.

Hello Penny. I am in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. I am planning the same thing but as for everyday i am reading better forums for Konica Minolta 6501. Thats what i am planning to buy. The company who wants to sell this machine said can also give me the technical support.

The name of the company is called TRANSPAPER who are also in KENYA, UGANDA, TANZANIA & RWANDA. Try to contact them as its better to buy the machine in your country and get the technical support rather then from outside.

The name of the company is called TRANSPAPER who are also in KENYA, UGANDA, TANZANIA & RWANDA. Try to contact them as its better to buy the machine in your country and get the technical support rather then from outside.[/QUOTE]

In Kampala, and I believe also in Nairobi, the company is Express Automation although it is a sister company of Transpaper, both under the Kenstar Group of Kenya. In Kampala they work quite independent of each other. I have bought two K-M Bizhubs from them and although they have technicians who are capable, the company simply is not very production oriented, at least not in Kampala, and sometimes we have to wait weeks for a spare part to arrive.
I bought a used Xerox DC2060 and it is WAY WAY better than the K-Ms, both in the print quality but even more important is that it just goes and goes. Besides there are plenty of Xerox technicians in Kampala available within one or two hours, both official and unofficial and we get spare parts within 4-5 days.
Whatever you do, if you don't have access to technicians and spare parts you will not get very far with any digital printer.

You are right GUsG

You are right GUsG

"if you don't have access to technicians and spare parts you will not get very far with any digital printer." You are right GUsG thats even the major problem in dar es salaam.

Where there is no technical support then its a problem. But in Dar there is one thing apart of even not having technical support people can hire different technicians who have the ideas of repairing but the chances are 50/50. If they fix then ok otherwise you will struggle for it.

I am also planning to go for KM6501 but have not made the final decision yet as i am much concerned with technical support.

But as one of the most common problem on KM 6501 as according to different forums is for image skew registration problem, so far this problem has already been outlined on print plannet forums and not only that even a word doc has already provided by one of the very good member who managed to solve the problem by himself. If anyone interested with the document can mail me i will pass it over.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back