Need a Machine for Small Volume Envelope Printing

Shawnd - Thank you! Good to hear the RIP probably isn't needed. From what I saw it was a fancy $$$$ print driver! Are you able to get the advertised yield from the consumables?

methgod - do you duplex on envelopes other than remittance? Have you printed on the flap of an A-6? Have you tried bleeding off any edges? The sales person says we can off 2 edges. We are coming from a Memjet printer which could bleed all sides. Thanks for all advice.

bleeding off the edge never works great. also then you have to trick the paper size to be larger and the way it feeds from the envelope feeder its a head ache. Pre flapping is ok, but you have more then one thicknesses so may need some embossing from the fuser.
Would not spend on the fiery, its an XF which is shit - made for wide format, not VDP.

How are you printing? our of what application... OKI makes tools to do background, tricky but once you get it works good enough if you have a super large file...

We don't have a machine yet. Looking at OKI, Intoprint and PSI. All very similar. Most likely we'd just be sending pdfs.

Hey there,

My name is Paul,

I have only been in the printing industry for about a year, but I love it, and I think I may have found my home.

We are looking for a new machine to replace our 10 year old Lanier duplicator. It's a nice machine but it's showing its age.

We are going to replace it. Possibly with a RISO SF5450 duplicator. But another option that just came about is a Xante Enpress. I like that it's versatile, compared to a duplicator, and that it is able to do some higher volume envelope printing as well as NCR.

As for volume, we probably average about 4,000 envelopes per month. (We are a small shop in a small town.) So it doesn't seem reasonable to get a dedicated envelope machine unless it was cheap. I like the duplicator for for its ability to do envelopes, as well as NCR, flyers, etc. And I appreciate it's efficiency, especially when needed!

As far as NCR, sometimes we number them, but not always, and I believe the Xante Enpress is able to number. That'd be a nice feature, but I number from InDesign, so it's not a huge deal.

Was trying to look for reviews on the Enpress but since it's fairly new, I haven't found anything.

Any thoughts, tips, or suggestions?
I regret buying my Xante Enpress. I can't get the enterprise feeder to feed No. 10's.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back