Need a new scoring and perf machine, any suggestion

mphan0302

Hi,

We use to use this one guy down the street for all die cut and scoring needs. But the guy is retiring and all the other places charge an arm and a leg for these services. What we need most is scoring and perfing. We got a bunch of digital machine, and scoring is necessary for most folding job. What are some of the good scoring and perfing machines out there that doesn't cost over 4,000? And no, we don't have space for a Windmill type diecutter. I'm currently looking at the rosback 220.

Sonny

We have one

We have one

Hi,
We have a Quad 12, slitter, scorer, perf machine that we are going to sell. It is a very nice unit and like new. Please let me know if you might be interested.
Thanks,
Bryan

Have you considered checking with "the guy down the street" to see what equipment he has been using on your jobs? It may be that he can give some good advice as to equipment or possibly even sell you the equipment that he has been using on your jobs…who knows, maybe even give a little training on operation. If this is something you have already thought of and checked out then just ignore this post.

"The guy down the street" (LOL) has the windmill 12 x 18. It's a bit too big for the space we have left plus running that thing is a pain in the butt.

Brian, I'll look into the quad-12 and will message you. Where are you located anyway?

Scoring Machine? Or Creasing Machine?

Scoring Machine? Or Creasing Machine?

"The guy down the street" (LOL) has the windmill 12 x 18. It's a bit too big for the space we have left plus running that thing is a pain in the butt.

Brian, I'll look into the quad-12 and will message you. Where are you located anyway?

It sounds like to me that you will need a Creasing Solution... If you are wanting to score your digitally printed material you will struggle with any rotary scoring machine.

Please take a look at the link below for information on our line of digital creasing solutions.

Count Machinery Co. Machines Page

If you have any questions please dont hesitate to call.

Mike Ray
Count Machinery
760-484-3644

Not flaming you but being honest. Don't make price your first consideration. You are looking at the long haul like the rest of us. I do not see a work horse out there for the 4k range. Maybe a used unit could fit you but there is always a risk when doing so. So here are a few questions:

1- What are your run lenghts?
2- What type of Perf are you getting done on your current list of jobs?
3- What type of folder do you have and are you considering something inline (peripheral)?
4- What type of experience do you currently have in house with this type of processing?
5- Are you UV coating anything?

I do not see where any of us can give an honest assessment of your needs without that information. But the good news is the technology is there and compact so when the dust clears you will be glad you brought this phase of finishing in house.

Good luck,
John Weaver

We use the Count EZ Creaser in our shop for our short run stuff that we don't want to set-up the die cutters for. it works like a champ. Not sure on what the price was though.

someone did post a link to Count's website above. that is what I would recommend though.

EZ Creaser

EZ Creaser

To Alith7,
Thanks for your kind words we appreciatte that! If anyone has a questions please feel free to give us a call at the number below.

Mike
Count Machinery
760-489-1400

We have had our Count EZ Creaser since Dec. 2010 and it's the greatest. Very easy to set up. We have used it with 20lb bond to 110lb index and get a nice flat perf. We have used it to crease up to 10pt gloss cover without any problems. I strongly recommend it.

I also would like to add that you couldn't ask for a better sales rep then Mike Ray. He personally delivered and setup our machine so that we could get it in the budget before the year closed. Thanks again Mike.

EZ Creaser

EZ Creaser

Thanks again everybody for the nice words and we are glad the machine has provided a solution for your digital creasing needs! Please give me a call at your convenience to discuss our referral program!

If anybody else is interested in our line of Creasers please mention this forum and I will include our "Group Discount" program.

Mike Ray
Count Machinery
760-489-1400

mike,

how do the manual creasers work on digital prints? also would be applying lamination (superstick or super lam) to the 12pt stock. need something for small runs and menus. thanks!

Dear kristianeyman,

They work great for that type of work. Please feel free to give me a call if you are interested.

Mike

Perf issues with Rollem Auto4

Perf issues with Rollem Auto4

Hi - Currently have a USED (excellent condition) Rollem Auto4 but it is exceptionally difficult to operate as far as I am concerned. The numbering is OK. My main issue is that the perf is good the first 50% of the perf path but the second 50% tends to curve away from the straight path. This is true if I perf the short OR long side of a 8.5"x121". I strongly feel that this is due to the fact that the first part of the paper exiting the machine no longer has guides to keep the paper stock from "skewing". If there were guides to keep the stock straight, the paper would exit straight and the perf would remain straight. It is such a problem I have to outsource my perf jobs - profit loss.

Run lengths are up to 4000 sheets or sets/job, perf type is not critical for customers (anything except real course or micro-perfs), need off-line capabilities, have both OFFSET and DIGITAL and recently invested in UV Coating capabilities.

From what I see on-line, everyone claims that there equipment is best - for those of you with experience, what would you suggest for a small print shop that needs (i) perf, (ii) numbering on max 4-part NCR and maybe scoring of cardstock, as small as 4"x6". I simply cannot afford to purchase something that does not work for me.

Would really appreciate feedback and can give addn. info if needed.

TXPrinter,

We completly understand your headachs with the Rollem Auto-4. While the machine is good for numbering thats about it. We are very familiar with how the machine perfs and scores and it has always been very bad at both.

Here is a link to our website where you will find information on our line of Numbering, Perforating, and Scoring.

Please feel free to give me a call with any questions. We also offer a groupd buy discount if you mention this forum.

Count Machinery Co. Crash Numbering Machines

Mike Ray
Count Machinery
760-489-1400

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back