Need a vendor, partner or tool for XHTML to InCopy

Michael J

I'm doing some leg work for a friend. The starting point is a wiki that is well formated with XMHTL tags. The content has to go from there into In Copy, which is the tool the design department is using. InDesign is the document creation software.

The trick is that it has to happen in very close to real time. A change in the Wiki wants to be reflected in InCopy with a refresh, or some similar functionality. The other trick is that while the users are in a large company this wants to be installed in Internet time. A couple of days or weeks at most. No large scale system approach. It's a tool or a vendor.

As far as I can figure out, there is no Adobe plug in that does this. Hard to believe. Hopefully some wonderful generous genius will tell me this is not true.

The optimal solution is some SAAS solution. The next optimal solution is a tool that can be used and/or modified to do the XHMTL to inCopy transform. The next optimal solution is software that has to be installed on a bunch of computers that are running InDesign.

Thanks for any help or pointers anyone may have.

Well, it's not quite my area of expertise, but last time i looked, OpenOffice opened html/xhtml documents... I guess you could set up a macro to open that xhtml file, and save it to a .doc file somewhere. Linking that .doc file to Incopy/Indesign would probably do the trick!
Good luck!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back