Need help finding book binding tape

kyprinter

We print various books that use the staple and tape binding method.
Our tape supplier has gone out of business and we are trying to find a new tape suitable for our application. The tape we were using was labeled "Linson" and was an embossed paper tape purchased from Reliable. Before that we used a paper masking tape supplied by Lutz Machinery. Both suppliers have gone out of business and we can't seem to find any suitable replacement tapes.

We use both a Standard Spine Taper 100 and a Soyuz to apply tape to the stapled book block. Since the book must then be hand pulled through the machine the tape must strip easily from the roll and at the same time have strong adhesion to the book cover (usually vellum bristol or index). Our most used tape is 1 1/2" by 60 yd roll in black.
If anyone can point me to a suitable product I would be very grateful.

Standard Finishing Systems offers a variety of spine tape widths and colors: Black, White, Blue, Red and Green, from 1" to 3". Please call Standard Customer Service at 800-526-4774 x4 for more information and pricing. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
@PrintFinishing and markhunt
Thanks a lot for the help guys. I passed your numbers along and Debbie will be calling for info soon. I could have saved a lot of time and frustration if I had posted this sooner instead of searching the web.

@markhunt

Debbie just let me know that the tape she ordered from Standard came in today and was an exact match for what we had been buying. Thanks.

We are trying to find tape which is used after the staples are put in in invoice and receipt book.We need 1 and a half ,2, and 2 and a half inches .We need the type which is put on by hand.

Tape for receipt and invoice books

Tape for receipt and invoice books

We are trying to find tape which is used after the staples are put in in invoice and receipt book.We need 1 and a half ,2, and 2 and a half inches .We need the type which is put on by hand.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back