Need help in Kodak preps 6 and prinergy 6 & 7 regarding Layering for Die cut

malam

Hi Everyone,
I am new in prinergy 6 and preps 6 & 7 but worked in Heidelberg till prinect 2012 and meta dimension 2012 for good few years. On prinect there is a feature called layer that I used to use it for Layering die cut and/or spot varnish with the CMYK print. I could not found anything similar as layering in Kodak (I knew it is available in preps 5), perhaps, there is something similar in Kodak preps 6 or 7 which I do not know yet. By the way I have started Kodak prinergy and preps for not more than 3 months.

Can anyone help me please?

I worked for 5 years Preps5.0 and Prinergy, then crossed a year in Prinect (new company), some old version, and I was delighted that simple, now we get to the test Prinerg 6 and 7 preps, and I do not like not how it works, everything is slow and complicated.

And now the answer to layer, I do not know if there of options in Prinergy for layer. In Signa is so simple, let someone correct if I'm wrong

Hi Everyone,
I am new in prinergy 6 and preps 6 & 7 but worked in Heidelberg till prinect 2012 and meta dimension 2012 for good few years. On prinect there is a feature called layer that I used to use it for Layering die cut and/or spot varnish with the CMYK print. I could not found anything similar as layering in Kodak (I knew it is available in preps 5), perhaps, there is something similar in Kodak preps 6 or 7 which I do not know yet. By the way I have started Kodak prinergy and preps for not more than 3 months.

Can anyone help me please?

Support for layers in pdfs is handled by a separate expensive module in Prinergy, if you talk to Kodak they will probably turn it on so you can run it as a demo for a short time.

I get by without the module and use pitstop to paste in place cutters from one pdf to another.

Its also quite easy to use Prinergy VPS files to combine imposed separations from two files, simply rename the actual files in the finder and open, this is especially handy for check the fit of UV files.

If you are looking for "Layers" in Preps, I haven't found them, I used Signastation many years ago and you could choose top middle or bottom layers to add marks, which was really handy to add crease marks to imposed spreads. There was nothing similar to that in Preps5 and I'm still quite new to Preps7 and so haven't come across anything as yet.

If you have the license for Regional Versioning, you can enable extra layers via Edit job attributes then change from Regular Job to Legacy Versioning Job and enter the number of layers required say in this case 2. Then in Workshop you can assign as multiple pdfs (depending on how many layers you set) to one page position.

OK, I'll try this with VPS ... but it is not a solution ... by me should have the option as in the Signa with Layer

Support for layers in pdfs is handled by a separate expensive module in Prinergy, if you talk to Kodak they will probably turn it on so you can run it as a demo for a short time.

I get by without the module and use pitstop to paste in place cutters from one pdf to another.

Its also quite easy to use Prinergy VPS files to combine imposed separations from two files, simply rename the actual files in the finder and open, this is especially handy for check the fit of UV files.

If you are looking for "Layers" in Preps, I haven't found them, I used Signastation many years ago and you could choose top middle or bottom layers to add marks, which was really handy to add crease marks to imposed spreads. There was nothing similar to that in Preps5 and I'm still quite new to Preps7 and so haven't come across anything as yet.

I currently have all options open, because we've got one month to use to see. But we do not just understood how to do as you wrote

If you have the license for Regional Versioning, you can enable extra layers via Edit job attributes then change from Regular Job to Legacy Versioning Job and enter the number of layers required say in this case 2. Then in Workshop you can assign as multiple pdfs (depending on how many layers you set) to one page position.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back