Need Help! Printer Recommendations

jordjones

I am putting together a map/brochure that needs a minimum width of 17". I am currently working with an 18" x 24" prototype, but could fudge it down a bit. It will be in full color on both sides and folded. There will be 100,000 produced per month, 1.2 million per year.

I am working with a local printing company that can produce my monthly order at about 12 cents per unit. However, with this volume, I am seriously considering buying my own press. Yet, when I spoke with Xerox they told me that only their very expensive Igen4 could handle the width.

Are there any presses/printers that could handle my job in house. I don't have a quarter million dollars, more like $25,000. 99% of the printing would be for this one specific project. Thanks!

I would still outsource it. You would be taking a big gamble on that one piece of work. If it goes away, you would be stuck with the equipment/payment.
For that volume/size, you are talking a big piece of equipment, and I doubt $25,000 would cut it either way, whether you decide to go digital or traditional.

I would outsource the Job Like the other poster said that's a lot of money to invest for 1 job that may go away. unless you get more work for it.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back