Need help selling Equipment!!!

Docmocker

Hello Guys/Gals,

I work for a small print shop and we are looking to upgrade some of our equipment, but need to get rid of some used printing equipment. I have called at least a dozen places and nothing. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do with them? We have already thought about scrapping, but we just want to check all of our options. We also do not have pictures at this point in time. Any insight or information is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Equipment to sell.docx.pdf
    65.6 KB · Views: 477
Depending on where you are, there may be used printing equipment dealers nearby. (As I have experienced it, almost any urban area with more than 250,000 people has someone who is an equipment horsetrader.)

Don't be surprised at how little you will receive as payment. Stuff like this will often fetch little more than the scrap price. You might make more by donating them to a non-profit for a tax deduction.

We checked into Boggs, they are not looking right now to buy any equipment at this point in time. I have not thought about donating but I would say the owner is looking to get the most out of it right now.

Got rid of my AB Dicks several years ago on eBay. Got a couple of hundred each for them, and the buyer was shipping them straight out to Africa I think he said.

We've sold some of our equipment via Machineseeker.com, about 9 months ago. As others said, prepare for heavy bargaining.

It's hard to get rid of equipment these days. I have a a lot sitting in storage right now that may or may not be needed at some pint in the future to someone.. Ended up scrapping our QM46 after I picked some parts to sell on Ebay. Sold a SM74 a few years back and a rigging crew came and loaded it up to send to another country as well. GLWS

Hello Guys/Gals,

I work for a small print shop and we are looking to upgrade some of our equipment, but need to get rid of some used printing equipment. I have called at least a dozen places and nothing. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do with them? We have already thought about scrapping, but we just want to check all of our options. We also do not have pictures at this point in time. Any insight or information is greatly appreciated.
Hi, I may have interest in the AB Dick. Where are you located?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back