need help urgent

egymost85

i am recently hired to a company that sells, installs and maintains wide and large format printers, and i need urgently to read about this field, i am a mechanical engineer, and want to read about the mechanisms, design, materials of the printers in any soft format, ebooks, pdf, djvu, anything

please help

Greetings,

Don't worry. They hired you for a reason. (This is not my field, but we do have 6 big printers and I have a passing knowledge) They are mostly inkJet printers. Take apart a small consumer inkjet, and imagine everything on a bigger scale. Find out who the customers are you'll be sellng to. Are they ad agencies? Poster printers? Photoprinters? Fabric? Billboards? Sides of buses? Begin learning about what substrates (materials) your machines can print on and become familiar with the ideas and language of color management. Good luck!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back