Need help with RE:Print

Need help with RE:Print

• Yes, I recognize the place (and know its significance).

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • No, I don't recognize the place.

Votes: 21 65.6%

• Total voters

gordo

Thanks all for supporting the RE:print cartoons with your comments!

I have a little problem that you might be able to help me with. A good chuckle (which is what I'm trying to deliver) sometimes rests on a bit of reader background knowledge. Without which the result might be a frustrated "I don't get it."

A cartoon I have in mind requires that knowledge or it won't work. So I'd like your help in testing it before I commit it to pixels.

Here is an image:

1-5.jpg

I don't want you to identify what the image is of.

What I would appreciate is if you simply answer the poll questions.

Your help is much appreciated - gordo

It appears that the consensus is that most people do not recognize the building in the image which means that the cartoon using it would result in an "I don't get it" - not good. :-(

For the curious, whenever you see an image of a round building with exterior stairways spiraling to the top it usually represents the Tower of Babel whose story is, in part, used to explain the origin of different languages. Google "Tower of Babel" for more detail.

Thanks all for your help - it's much appreciated!

gordo

Any chance you'll still do it? Figured that's what it was, kind've curious to see what you had in mind for the cartoon.

Figured it out too. That cartoon could be used in a lot of contexts in our trade, color management, communication across the whole chain and so on

Any chance you'll still do it? Figured that's what it was, kind've curious to see what you had in mind for the cartoon.

I may not be up to the task, but I will try to do the cartoon a different way to still get the same idea across. Sometimes these cartoons seem to write themselves, but other times it's a real struggle with many revisions. This one is the latter type.

best, gordo

If you're trying to do a language barrier type cartoon, have you thought of using the rosetta stone?

If you're trying to do a language barrier type cartoon, have you thought of using the rosetta stone?

That's a great idea. But. I would think that fewer people would know what the Rosetta Stone is than would know what the Tower of Babel is.

Thanks though. gordo

Rosseta Stone

Rosseta Stone

Gentlemen,

The finding of the Rosseta Stone unlocked the secret of reading -- Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphics

Regards, Alois

"A creative wanderer open to the possibilities of life through its infinite diversity.
It's the journey, not the destination that matters most."

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back