need service manual for Canon/Oce colorwave 500, can't clear code 7502 cleaning jam

Rick

Registered Users
Hi,
hoping someone can hook me up with a service manual for the canon/oce colorwave 500 as we cant seem to clear code 7502 cleaning jam.
all advice and help appreciated.
thanks
Rick

The only way to get them is through canon and they are encrypted and licensed
encrypted and licensed???
is that really a thing??
...so how do i get one thru Canon?
Also wondering how can they encrypt a printed book but more important is for me to get my hands on one?
or at least help on how to clear code 7502 cleaning jam.

The service manual isn't printed. Only way to get them is to be a trained technician and after training you get a license on a key. I can't even open them on my laptop without my key in the computer. I'll look up the code for you.

The service manual isn't printed. Only way to get them is to be a trained technician and after training you get a license on a key. I can't even open them on my laptop without my key in the computer. I'll look up the code for you.
thanks in advance as anything to get this box running again is greatly appreciated.....to be more detailed when we turn off power there is no code but when we go to make a copy it gives that code.
wondering, do they restrict service manuals for all of their machines? is that policy in effect for anyone else like xerox, KM etc?.. just curious as it seems strange to restrict that info, especially on older machines their local office said they could not service....nor can I find anyone else in the NYC area who can or will.

Oce does, it's how they control who works on their equipment. Some of the newer models actually have the service manual in the software of the machine. That way we only have to carry a key, not a whole laptop. Canon's prismaSync has gone to the Sam key for service mode, but not for manuals. 7502 is cleaning heater loose. Could be a loose connection, could be a bad heater. The part number is 1060113893. It's located under the cover where your maintenance tray is. Not the worst cover to take off. Looks like it's on the rear side. Can't believe places won't work on it. What it does is get hot to melt the toner off the imaging device.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back