Need Service manual for Screen pt-r 4000

NJService, you are absolutely right.
There is only so because the other side of the world to repair costs + - U.S. $ 6875.00, which sells the films 46x64 cm. (4 blades) buy for U.S. $ 44.16. Imagesetter ft-r3050 in USA which costs U.S. $ 14,000.00. For we pay the equivalent of U.S. $ 40,625,
In my case, that's why.
(sorry, google translator)

Tks Armya

I've tested the cables, cleaned the connectors, nothing ....
The plate that connects the SCSI HD has a button (reset type) What is?

I've installed the EPROM 2 years ago (old Mac), but this time, the menu hangs in serial error. I think in the EEPROM write off the board, but are 4 eprom.... have 2 archives
(google translator :D)

Tks for help

Hi Meicat,
Your machine shouldn't be down for 3 weeks. I know what you have been through. Am not on your site to give you an immediate solution.

Having said this, If you have any background on some problems with your computer previously, perhaps you would like to consider to test your machine with another computer, or simply take your computer to another FTR-3050. Please also do the same with your Interface board and Cable. Cable is the last part you want to test, but simply cleaning the connectors isn't an effective solution.
Do you have communication problem before sending a file or starts after sending one?
I shouldn't be asking, but have you tried any other files, perhaps smaller one? What Rip do you use?
Please use a step by step and systematic approach. Keep it simple!

Last edited:
Answeing your question, nop, the computer gave me no signal of problems. When happen this problem, I sent a file and the machine filmed, but it wasn't cut, at the second file that i sent, the machine had stopped, and showed me the message of "serial error". After that, when I tried to send another file, it doesn't answer, it got stucked.
We tried to shut them down, both computer and machine, but it didn't solve my problem.

Hi Farshad, (thx)

Please go to: http://printplanet.com/forums/screen/25109-ft-r3050-serial-error
(here is offtopic)

Imagesetter just stopped recording between one and another. Imagesetter unrelated micro and with or without connection to the processor gets the same message, do not enter the menu, does not make the normal tests before going online.

Meicat, You have a series issue!!!. Please try to understand, I am trying to take your mind away from your PCB and the Firmware and do the first thing first. I strongly suggest you call a Service Tech to come to your site and help you with the issue.This isn't the right way of moving forward on a service issue my friend. You will be loosing all your customers. Trust me!!!

Last edited:
Ok...
So... Good bye US$ 6.875,00 :(

Tks for your help Farshad!

Hi Meicat,

In cases like that, you may consider to have a used machine as a back up. This way you will always have spare parts at cheaper price available in your site. I am sorry to hear that. Wish I was there!!!!

Last edited:
Hi Meicat,

In cases like that, you may consider to have a used machine as a back up. This way you will always have spare parts at cheaper price available in your site. I am sorry to hear that. Wish I was there!!!!

Would be a good idea if it was cheaper here (+ - $ 32,000 offline)

Very, very thx Farshad ...

We can fix all the problem of FT0R3050 and Katana 5055. Yes, we have all the service manual of SCREEN machine. If you want copy. let me know

Hi there,
So the real error is "serial error".
Are you sure this is related to the communication between PC and Setter ?
I think I have seen this being caused by a low voltage on the interface PCB that sits in the filmsetter.
The Power supply going to this board should be a little bit above 5 Votls, because there is a voltage regulator on board.
We have seen all kind of "weird" things when this was set to 5 Volt or lower.
So I would check this voltage first ,and set it to 5.3 Volts,

w3112

Hello Philip. My name is Edgar from Monterrey, Mexico.

I have a problem with my Katana 5055 too. The problem is in the loading process: the edge of the film just reach the pressure rollers in front of the tension rollers and then falling down when pressure roller going down. Seems like the tension rollers pull down the edge of the film.

I know that this is a late reply, I'll be very grateful if you send me the service manual. My imagesetter is too old so I have to bring it to life. My mail is [email protected]

Thanks in advance.

Dear Sirs, my boss is planning to expand his business, he is thinking what brand of CTP is fits for this business.

what he want :
- two or more resolutions like 1200 & 2400 or 1270 & 2540
- plate thickness from .10 to .30
- his operator can calibrate or know how to calibrate a new brand
of plate or type of plate, like thermal or waterless.

many thanks in advance

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back