Need Service manual for Screen pt-r 4000

foliart

Hi, everebody
I just have bought Screen pt-r 4000 with TrueFlow 6.0 Rip.
Could you Please help me with service , instalation manual and user guide for the Screen.
I also need user manual for TrueFlow 6.0 Rip.
Thank you in advance.
email:[email protected]

That sounds like: " Hey, Screen Service fellas! Could you give me your piece of bread (and butter on the top) for free?" :)
I could understand your asking for User Manual, but Service docs... hmmmm

Last edited:
In response to vlad:

I believe you should have a copy of all these manuals and technical data when you buy equipment from the manufacturer. You buy the machine not the service to fix it. The way things work now it is in the interest of the vendor to provide a machine at a lower cost that will break so that it can profit on the repair service and parts. It is also anti-competitive in nature keeping 3rd party repair services and independent repair personnel out of the market.

foliart,
good luck but you most likely won't get your hands on what you are seeking.

Hi, The Screen yhat I have bought is used one .
model pt-r 4000. year 1999.In Bulgaria there is no so many CTP Screen also there is no educated technitions with so mouch practis. So I am asking for some help here if you have survice manual you can fix a lot of problem by your self or even in dificult problem only with phone support.
Regards Krasimir Georgiev

I have never seen a Screen service manual in PDF format. All of them are printed, with the name of the service engineer written on it + a serial number. But I could be wrong.

You have Screen service in Bulgaria, but, of course, they'll ask you a lot of money for installing the machine.

Regarding TrueFlow user manual, I'm sure it exist on the installer DVD.

Last edited:
In responce to Ritter:
<<You buy the machine not the service to fix it.>> - that's your words !!!
When you buy your TV of dishwasher - do you get Service Manual by default?

No, and that is the problem that I am arguing. One should have a copy or at the very least have access to it on the company's website. Most people won't or can't repair circuitry but those like myself can and do. In my mind the more expensive or unique the piece of equipment the more open the documentation should be. Take for example a laptop. In reality just about any average joe with a hex screwdriver can change out a hard-drive but the company selling the laptop would rather markup a part that can be easily acquired elsewhere and require a technician to install it and profit. Profit isn't a bad thing but you should have the freedom of choice. I realize this is against the grain of the theory of specialization. Information is power and the owner should be empowered not restricted. If you buy a $100,000.00 or a $100.00 piece of equipment you, the owner, shouldn't be kept in the dark.

Ohh, well, but:

User manual - it is designated for users
Service manual - it is designated for service engineers

In other words, User manual must contain infos on how a person must operate a machine, Service manual must contain infos on how a qualified service engineer must diagnose/repair a machine. And both user and service engineer must bring profit to their respective companies.

I've seen a case when a "smart" operator had access to a service manual. Just to save some money for his company, he attempted to solve himself a "914 Error - Call the service". Finally, he totally screwed up the CTP unit.

P.S. I'm not a service engineer, only a lazy prepress manager.

As forum users worldwide put their AGREE and HOW MUCH they agree mark, mine is : +100! with you, Ritter :)
In my opinion, the Company has to have Service Centers as a part of the image (or the best face) of the Company at the market.
That's wrong idea to force the Service to be profitable, but that's the reality. And that's why the price of equipment is so high - service expenses are included in the price for warranty period. And that should be 1 year as minimum!
Price 225 -250$ per hour (even if the serviceman drives the car to the Customer's site) can push a user to find other ways to save some money.

Last edited:
Dear Mr. Georgiev. the Screen representative in Bulgaria is Valkanov Trade Company. Check the Screen site. As I know there are a lot of CTP's Screen in Bulgaria and they are very experienced guys. They maintain our Screen PT-R8300 in Macedonia. I am very happy with them.
Regards

Screen DTR2035 imagesetter

Screen DTR2035 imagesetter

Hi VladCanada...

On July-2009 you helped me to fix an Agfa accuset imagesetter. A lot of thanks VladCanada. Now, I need your help again:
I have a Screen DT-R2035 imagesetter with online processor. Imagesetter was working normally for a long time.
But now an error E31141 or E21141 apears when I trying execute FEEDING command.
Looking for E21141 in manual user i found: "The material has clogged between he cutter and the recording drum". I checked between cutter and drum but there is not any material in this area. I turned off and on the imagesetter and machine turns READY. But if I try to FEEDING error appears again.
Can you help me? I have cleaned optical sensors on all tha film way from the film holder until film out to processor.

Best regards.

elmartin4 - I'm sorry for my helplessness at Screen products because I'm former AGFA FSE.
Just some knowledge in Screen CTP OEM AGFA Palladio and Accento I have, not in Screen CtF line :(

I can help you with all manuals of screen and service and parts also email [email protected]

Seriously??? You're going to provide an end user with material that Screen intented only for a 'Trained Service Engineer'?

I am a trained Screen Service Engineer and I have been working on Screen plate devices for almost 10 years. I'm still learning about these devices. There is a reason that those manuals are only meant for people who have gone through training.

I don't mind helping customers when I can, but there are limits to what a user should be doing to the machine.

Just my 2 cents.....

" ok guys I have the manual "

Hi, Armya inc...
You have the service manual from Screen FT-R3050?
I stopped at 3 weeks, with the serial error message.
(google translator)

Hi, Armya inc...
(google translator)

I am sorry, I can't release Agfa, Screen, Heidelberg,Heidelberg/Creo, MAN Rolands, EskoArtwork, Creo/ Kodak, Fuji or any other OEMs' Confidential Patents, Service and Engineering information. It is violating the copy right law!

Regards,

Last edited:

Hi, Armya inc...
(google translator)

Meicat, Here is the description of your error:

error 704

Interruption of the
Communications

Remedy: System restart.
If the fault re-
occurs contact
Customer Service

I didn't make any comment on your serial error problem as our 2 other colleagues recommended to test the cable and the interface board. Besides, you may also consider your computer . You should test those before advancing with Laser or Imaging issues.

Hope this will help!

Last edited:
sorry - offtopic

sorry - offtopic

Tks Armya

I've tested the cables, cleaned the connectors, nothing ....
The plate that connects the SCSI HD has a button (reset type) What is?

I've installed the EPROM 2 years ago (old Mac), but this time, the menu hangs in serial error. I think in the EEPROM write off the board, but are 4 eprom.... have 2 archives
(google translator :D)

Tks for help

"I believe you should have a copy of all these manuals and technical data when you buy equipment from the manufacturer. You buy the machine not the service to fix it."

Really? People should get service manuals, as though that would be helpful for many people?
Why did I spend months in Vancouver getting trained on Trendsetters/software, etc, if it's something an end user could fix themselves, by looking in a book for 20 minutes? Screen classes are about a week too, and they're only this short because the people taking them have worked in this field for years, from drum scanners and imagesetters, right up to CTP and direct to press. People always want to know what the service book says about "Error XYZ", because the info on the user display only gives a little snippet of info, so perhaps in the secret manual, the fix is laid out, right? Hate to tell you, but in the service manual, we just get the same info for screen machines! It's pretty funny really, I show people all the time.

"The way things work now it is in the interest of the vendor to provide a machine at a lower cost that will break so that it can profit on the repair service and parts. It is also anti-competitive in nature keeping 3rd party repair services and independent repair personnel out of the market."

As you brought a Screen, let me say they are very reliable, and no one is making them more problematic to generate more service revenue.
Kodak likes to keep 3rd parties out of their equipment, but Screen embraces 3rd parties here in the USA.
And gee! if anyone is working to "keep 3rd party and independent service people out of the market", isn't it the people asking for service manuals?
I'm an independent myself, on Screen and Creo mostly. When we take these classes, and are given manuals, they are registered in our names and confidential. We sign an agreement.
So when you ask us to give you a service manual, you're asking them to do something unethical. Also, who is responsible legally when I give a manual to someone and they get hurt repairing their machine?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back