Need Workflow (Packedge) suggestion..

K

kala

Apart from Esko's Packedge & Artpro , (For label/carton/offset/flexo etc.,)

Any other packaging software (which does trapping / interlock (nesting) in the market

regards
Kala

Apart from Esko's Packedge & Artpro , (For label/carton/offset/flexo etc.,)

Any other packaging software (which does trapping / interlock (nesting) in the market

regards
Kala

Kodak Prinergy Powerpack (offers trapping and optional PDF trap editor) paired with Kodak Pandora for nested step and repeat is another option.

Another new step and repeat option is Phoenix from Tilia Labs.

There is also RealPro workflow from FFEI for trapping and impo (not sure on packaging nesting).

Stephen Marsh

If you're comfortable with the Esko products, you can simply move to Illustrator with Deskpack...that's what we use...it's not cheap, but it works just fine. You can pick and chose which offerings you want to license. We use Powertrapper and Dynamic Barcodes mostly, plus BoostX to aid in stepping final PDFs in Illustrator. It works just fine.

My Customer is looking software which may be an alternate for kodak & Esko..

Can Phoenix will do packaging nesting & trapping.. ( What is their website id will try to google it parallel..)

Apart from that there is a software called packz which is good for labels not for package and still lot of development is going on from their site..

MApart from that there is a software called packz which is good for labels not for package and still lot of development is going on from their site..

And why you think Packz is only good for Labels?
I have been involved in the Alfa and Beta testings for this software, and must say I am very positive about this soft. If you look for a alternative for ArtPro or Packedge that is.
I also heard they are working on a automation solution.

I've been in digital prepress for 25 yrs and worked on the first proprietary systems and moved along with the transition to Mac/PC platforms. I've used Packedge, ArtPro, Neo, Deskpack and I've come to the conclusion that with there's nothing I can't do in Illustrator for building a package/label. Yes, it may take a bit longer sometimes, but on the cheap it is perfectly capable...especially with the current releases. I could live and be perfectly productive with Illustrator alone. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Metamation Imp is a better alternative for Esko Plato or Kodak Pandora or Heidelberg Signastation.

Imp is an auto planning and layout creator for any kind of print job - commercial, book, lables, ganging or die cut jobs. It does holistic optimization of Press, Plate, Paper, Die Making and Die Punching costs and gives a step and repeat interlocked/nested layouts and these layouts are rip ready. Link a single up artwork PDF and the plan gets populated, marks are added with single click. Most unique feature is Auto bleed resolutions.

Imp can also plan on paper rolls and suggest sheeting size for printing on sheetfed machines.

Metamation is not into pdf editing or trapping space!

Last edited by a moderator:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back