Nesting on Fiery XF RIP question

wonderings

running Fiery XF 6.2.2 which powers our Epson 9900. I have an 8 page PDF, each page is a 19x25. I want to use the paper with as little waste as possible, but not get this MASSIVE sheet I need to cut down after. Basically I want to have 2 pages on a sheet. When I nest, it seems to be all 8 or nothing. I have not seen anything in settings anywhere. Is there an option to have it nest 2 pages per sheet or some type of control like that?

Don't know any control exactly like that, but you can select and drag the pages you don't want off the sheet or open the triangles uncheck them. Check them again and uncheck the previous ones print on the previous sheet. There is also an option in the Workflow to "Divide multi-page PDF files into single-page jobs".

Don't know any control exactly like that, but you can select and drag the pages you don't want off the sheet or open the triangles uncheck them. Check them again and uncheck the previous ones print on the previous sheet. There is also an option in the Workflow to "Divide multi-page PDF files into single-page jobs".

Thanks, I will look into that.

If you change the virtual sheet size in the layout tab to fit the dimension that you're trying to cut at you can achieve this.

If you set the size at 44"x19" then click apply in the nesting section you'll end up with 2up on a page and get 4 pages all in the same job.

If you change the virtual sheet size in the layout tab to fit the dimension that you're trying to cut at you can achieve this.

If you set the size at 44"x19" then click apply in the nesting section you'll end up with 2up on a page and get 4 pages all in the same job.

Thanks for that! That does exactly what I want it to do!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back