New China Brand CTP

Everything comes from China indeed, the only way to manufacture reliable products in China would heavily rely on the production line management.
I personally don't oppose "Made in China" as long as the factory is not managed by locals, because they are the true "Made in China" products that comes with famous negative reputation...
and to be completely honest and speak conservatively, I don't know if I would recommend machineries made by Huaruijingyi, their mother company "Xinggraphic"'s thermal plates are worth a try though...

Why is it you say that Sir?

Based on what I know, Xingraphics is a plate manufacturer.

Everything comes from China indeed, the only way to manufacture reliable products in China would heavily rely on the production line management.
I personally don't oppose "Made in China" as long as the factory is not managed by locals, because they are the true "Made in China" products that comes with famous negative reputation...
and to be completely honest and speak conservatively, I don't know if I would recommend machineries made by Huaruijingyi, their mother company "Xinggraphic"'s thermal plates are worth a try though...

ARC, you are absolutely right, Xinggraphic is a plate manufacturer, and as I typed in the previous reply, Huaruijingyi is a company under Xinggraphic, in other words (see my previous reply) Xinggraphic is their mother company.
ok, back to the topic. Huaruijingyi as a CTP + Processor manufacturer sits in the lower end (in terms of quality and price) in Chinese market.
According to the market info provided by my supplier, the best CTP system you can get in Chinese market is Kodak CTP with GRAFMAC CDN/P processor (better capability and a lot cheaper compare to Glunz & Jensen interplater).
But do correct me if I am wrong though, I pull this info out of my memory.

Thank you for your inputs.

Just wondering how come you mentioned that this brand sits in the lower end?

I saw one animation that the technology is patterned to screen.

If I may ask, what Chinese brand ctp can you recommend to us?

ARC, you are absolutely right, Xinggraphic is a plate manufacturer, and as I typed in the previous reply, Huaruijingyi is a company under Xinggraphic, in other words (see my previous reply) Xinggraphic is their mother company.
ok, back to the topic. Huaruijingyi as a CTP + Processor manufacturer sits in the lower end (in terms of quality and price) in Chinese market.
According to the market info provided by my supplier, the best CTP system you can get in Chinese market is Kodak CTP with GRAFMAC CDN/P processor (better capability and a lot cheaper compare to Glunz & Jensen interplater).
But do correct me if I am wrong though, I pull this info out of my memory.

ARC, to be completely honest with you, I simply wouldn't take the risk of using Chinese Brand CTP. Take Huaruijingyi as an example again, there is a legitimate reason that Xinggraphic sells their higher end plates in combination with none-Chinese brand CTP (+processor) instead of their "Huaruijingyi" machines.
Stick with a reliable CTP such as Kodak/Fuji/Screen/Heidelberg...etc, their consistency and endurance is going to truly aid you with the cost in a long term.
By the way, would you mind telling us what plate are you currently using?

They claim that they bundle their Xingraphic plate to Huaruijingyi CTP machines. It's just like the Xingraphic plate type is not the one for international export, but still, the plate is 100% Xingraphic.

We currently use Agfa plates at the moment.

Yes, Xinggraphic does sell their plates in bundle with Huaruijingyi CTP... but as far as I know, its mostly lower end plates in Asian/Chinese market. It is possible that Huaruijingyi distributors sells the CTP with higher end Xinggraphic plates, but Xinggraphic mostly sells their higher end in bundle with Screen.. (I'll have to double check about exactly what brand it is, but not Huaruijingyi)...
Well, things might change though, since Xinggraphic lost their patent law suit to AGFA in German Federal court...They have expanded their production line after winning the first ruling in German patent court, but after the decision been over-ruled in Federal Court.. I guess their are possibly in some trouble.. from what I heard recently, they are trying to get their hands into some Asian market which they would not care to touch in the past.

But i wish to know more about the hardware (Huaruijingyi CTP).

How does it perform? They claim that they have over 300+ installations domestically and a number of which in the asian region especially in Korea.

They also claim that they are the nearest to Screen as far as technology and features are concern.

Alright, back to focus on Chinese brand CTP. I wouldn't recommend any Chinese brand CTP , not because they cannot get the job done, but its the minor problems causing malfunctioning here and there will be very painful for the user in the long term, and depends on the problem, the cost for using a Chinese CTP can be more than using Kodak/Screen/Heidelburg/AGFA think about what damage it is going to do to your print shops' reputation if you cannot be productive enough to either digest too much order or often delay your delivery due to CTP malfunctioning. In my opinion....its definitely not good for business or your commercial reputation...

I have never consider buying a Chinese CTP, but there is a reason why Chinese CTP like CRON or Amsky are far more popular than Huaruijingyi among CTP users in both Chinese market and world wide. Both CRON and Amsky claim to have western patent tech applied in their CTP... but the quality, especially endurance are still not comparable to the major players in world market.
I've heard a print shop (specialized in business card) called "Cai Ka Da Shi" in DongGuan China who's a SCREEN CTP user, they had two Screen CTP on production line before they introduce a Huaruijingyi CTP as the third one because they heard that Huaruijingyi is the closest to SCREEN.... and then?? Huruijingyi was replaced by another SCREEN within one month after the installation of Huaruijingyi... so...
To be honest, I won't trust any "claims" from Chinese CTP manufacturer, no matter CRON, Amsky, or Huaruijingyi...
If you are a conventional CTP user, then I'll suggest you to stick with KODAK/SCREEN/Heidelberg/AGFA CTP, and ask your supplier to find you a GRAFMAC CDN/P processor , then get some higher end Chinese thermal plates (Strong, Xinggraphic, KONITA) that's a lot cheaper than plates from major players....

Last edited:
But CRON and Amsky strongly pushes their CTCP models, only Huaruijingyi is thermal. That maybe a different story though?

Indeed, CRON and Amksy push their CTCP now, but it does not mean their CTP quality is not better than Huaruijingyi... however, not matter CRON, Amsky, or Huaruijingyi... their CTP are not reliable enough for long term, at least in my opinion.
GRAFMAC processor can help to rule out the problem with processing, but it can do nothing about the CTP problems.
There's one thing you believe me though, don't be fooled by Chinese Brands' "claim", they have famous tendency to exaggerate their CTP's capability. They do get the job done, but the quality performance do last... and they don't have some very useful tech developed by major players... for example, Kodak/CREO CTP can detect the minor bent on the plate and adjust their laser distance according to the bent...
As for huaruijingyi.... if you are looking for something of SCREEN quality, then buy a SCREEN... cuz huaruijingyi is really no where close to SCREEN quality. Honestly, if the purpose of your research on Huaruijingyi (or other Chinese CTP) is related to bring down the cost... I'll suggest you to look for high end Chinese thermal plates instead of Chinese CTP... You cannot change your CTP over night, but you can change your plates whenever you want to, right?

Good Luck

You mentioned from your previous reply that Huaruijingyi is under Xingraphics, are you saying that the owners of the two companies is only one?

How come they just don't use one company name is that is the case?

My suggestion is to express interest to Huaruijingyi and you would like to visit one of their 300 (claimed) clients to see their product in action and speak to the happy operator, their website has a career link which advertises sales and engineering positions, this could mean they are experiencing growth or are somewhat of a start-up at which point I would choose a known quality competitor, over to you

hey ARC,

Kodak's (CREO) CTP technology is believed to be somewhat better than Screen in many Asian market, but why are Fujifilm's CTPs made by Screen instead of Kodak? I believe there are many factors, but the competitive relationship between Kodak and Fujifilm is definitely one factor you cannot ignore.
Now, Xinggraphic sells plates in Asian markets, and they also want to sell some machineries (CTP, processors etc.), do you think Xinggraphic's competitor would happily buying their CTP system? I doubt it... I am just using my limited logic to answer your question, hope it make sense to you.

Thank you for your comments. I'm just wondering a China brand that claims they are the nearest to Screen as far as technology is concern.

They may have somehow proof claiming such.

hey ARC,

Kodak's (CREO) CTP technology is believed to be somewhat better than Screen in many Asian market, but why are Fujifilm's CTPs made by Screen instead of Kodak? I believe there are many factors, but the competitive relationship between Kodak and Fujifilm is definitely one factor you cannot ignore.
Now, Xinggraphic sells plates in Asian markets, and they also want to sell some machineries (CTP, processors etc.), do you think Xinggraphic's competitor would happily buying their CTP system? I doubt it... I am just using my limited logic to answer your question, hope it make sense to you.

If given a chance, I would visit a customer of theirs, not mentioning to Huaruijingyi, just to prove to my self that they will not bring me to happy customers ONLY. And see the actual performance.

My suggestion is to express interest to Huaruijingyi and you would like to visit one of their 300 (claimed) clients to see their product in action and speak to the happy operator, their website has a career link which advertises sales and engineering positions, this could mean they are experiencing growth or are somewhat of a start-up at which point I would choose a known quality competitor, over to you

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back