new Command Workstation 5

leegreen

EFI Command WorkStation 5

Finally some drag and drop functions, amoung other good improvements, but drag and drop from finder will be a nice feature.

Job search, another good feature.

And the demo is using a mac, so CWS will be at the same standard as the PC version.

Only runs for machines using Fiery System 6 and above

Looks like a good update from here..

Last edited:
I have command workstation 4. Will I be able to upgrade to the newer version for free or will there be a cost?

Anyone else download it? It's a godsend because I run everything from a Mac, no more booting Parallels every time I want to align the trays and running two instances of CWS Mac to control the two presses.. That said, it's unexpectedly quit about three times in one day (though to be fair I installed it with ten applications running and two instances of its predecessor then didn't restart) and it doesn't remember the window's bar configurations (eg. job name, date/time, copies etc).

Generally a huge improvement though.

If you install CWS5 don't uninstall CWS4, just in case. I too have had an instance or two of 5 hanging for no apparrant reason, especially when I was in Properties of a previously printed file. Otherwise it's a pretty neat reorganization of screens. I like the paper tray feedback info area.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back