New iJet NXT Print/RIP issues

Hello

We just purchased a new iJet NXT and are running into that while you can print either direct to the printer or use its front end; you get 2 results. if you print direct the size looks fine of the are but the color is washed out and if you print from the front end it fattens all the art up But you have more control.

So what I am having is production constantly coming back here to prepress and asking to adjust files to work. This is problematic and not consistent. I was thowing out some some ideas of trying my workflow to embed a profile that would saturate color more if printed directly. There front end is very limited and has nothing I can see to change how the fattening up of the art , something that is you could change that would not fatten things up (mainly its the fonts it is a noticeable difference)
I am going to call tech support- but the wealth of knowledge here might be more helpful

They constantly brag how great their service is, so I would challenge them with your issues....never been impressed with their finished product personally.

They constantly brag how great their service is, so I would challenge them with your issues....never been impressed with their finished product personally.
I did contact them- the same tech answered that setup the machine- He was nice but really it ends up with us having the solutions for color.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back