New Prinergy EVO Server / Mac Issue

lostmind

Hi Everyone:

This may or may not have happened to you during your Prinergy installs and our Kodak Tech doesn't have an idea why it is doing this so I'm hoping someone out there might have a fix.

We just had a new Prinergy EVO Server installed running Windows 7 and it works great when accessing our job files IF you go through a PC. When I connect to the server (using smb) on my Mac (10.8 Mountain Lion), my job folders are constantly "bouncing" and it's becoming a royal pain trying to click on a file or folder before it moves again. Too many times I've tried to select a file and at the last second, it moves and I end up selecting the wrong file.

Any ideas out there?

Thanks!
Mat

Hi Mat,

Try using CIFS instead of SMB...cifs:\\<server address>\<share>

CIFS has many of the same characteristics as SMB.

Any better?
hp

Hello Mat,

We had the same problems after our Evo upgrade. We had to get third party software to allow the MAC's to talk to the Evo Server. It's called ExtremeZ-IP from GroupLogic "http://www.grouplogic.com/enterprise-file-sharing/mac-windows-file-sharing/". It has a lot of features like adding Spotlight searching, support for AFP protocol, and more. It's not free or cheap but it worked well for us even adding some capabilities we didn't already have. Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Vinny

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back