New SpotOn! feature?

eran

We've had our eye on SpotOn! for a while now and I'm really liking what I've seen so far. One of our pressman had been discussing the product with our ink supplier and was given the impression that the upcoming version of SpotOn! will generate dot gain correctional values (just as Curve or any other g7 calibration product would).
Is anyone a beta tester or in the know about such an addition?

On a similar topic, I was researching the above inquiry and came across the following bit on the official IDEAlink Curve's product page:

First of suite of IDEALink tools designed to help you implement print standards in your everyday operation

Is anyone aware of what IDEAlink's next products will entail?

eran,

Our latest Prinect Color Tools not only can be used for generating and editing ICC profiles, we have a added function called Gray Balance Optimizer. You pick the target you want to match, could be GRACol, ISO, Swap or any other ICC Profile. You output test target and print on press. After reading in with spectrophotometer, a few mouse clicks and you have the data to program a neutral gray. This function was well received at the PIA Color Management Conference last year in Phoenix. Here is a link with more information and feedback from users.

Heidelberg - Heidelberg Gray Balance Optimizer Enables Presses To Calibrate to GRACoL G7 Specifications

Regards,

Mark

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies, Guys.
It looks like I've got some homework to do.

-Just to clarify though, both PerfX and tool box share the same common primary function of generating correctional values to achieve n-n gray balance.
Not so much condition tracking (although I'm sure they could be used as such...)
Is that correct?

Last edited:
Eran,

We are working on v2 of SpotOn! with new features, an updated UI and improved calculation speed. Creating plate curves are part of the new features. No beta available yet, but if you contact me at [email protected] we can discuss this offline. Thanks!

Bruce Bayne
SpotOn! Press, LLC

We haven't actually purchased SpotOn! yet, we've just been drooling over it. The plate curve function may in fact be the punch that will give me the opportunity to pick up a copy. I actually sent an email your way already but to the alder address. I'd certainly like to chat in more detail at your leisure.

Thanks Bruce!

Thanks for the replies, Guys.
It looks like I've got some homework to do.

-Just to clarify though, both PerfX and tool box share the same common primary function of generating correctional values to achieve n-n gray balance.
Not so much condition tracking (although I'm sure they could be used as such...)
Is that correct?

Hello eran,

Yes, with PerfX Press Curvesâ„¢ it is possible to measure and save curves as a "template", so that you can call it back to compare with new measurements for QC. The you can save/print a tracking (comparison) report.

If you have any question, feel fre to ask!

Louis

Regardless of how you choose to make NPDC curves, be it IDEAlink, PerfX or Prinect Color Tools, I strongly suggest having SpotOn at the console. It is quick to communicate all relative G7 metrics and it is equally good at training press operators to understand G7 aimpoints. The i1 scans takes only a few seconds and you can import scans from other instruments. I use SpotOn to "drive" the press and IDEAlink for curve creation and "final" verification. I also use it to monitor 2 printing plants.

Matt Louis

That certainly sounds like the ideal implementation. I'm mainly looking to reduce software cost, so to have two products rolled into one will hopefully result in a bit of savings. Just as well, after talking to Bruce there's really just not another option I would consider. Thanks for the input!

SpotOn has proved to be extremely valuable at press for G7 calibration and verification runs. We also use it to qualify our GRACol Epson proofs. Adding the ability to create plate curves makes SpotOn the perfect tool for press calibration. Bruce, will there be an upgrade option for those of us who already own a working copy of SpotOn?
Best regards,
Todd

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back