New Xerox Machine Coming?

BigSi

Hi there.

Has any one out there heard the the rumours?.
Supposed placed between the v3100 and Iridesse. I would be interested.
My issue is-
Currently run a v2100! the v3100 is not enough of a upgrade to make it worth while (straight from the mouths of the xerox techs). Unless I was offered a much cheaper click rate.
No way can I justify the cost of Iridesse. 1000 and 800 are to old.
Yes i could go for another brand but sometimes its better the devil you know.

Heard anything?

My expectation would be a 5 station baby irridesse with better XLS handling...lets call it a versant 5100. Xerox and other vendors may be holding back on new machine announcements due to current economic uncertainty. Canon's C10000 is pretty long in the tooth at 5 years. Ricoh and Minolta have recently refreshed mid and high end offerings for toner in 2019. I'd like to get rid of my V3100 early due to chronic issues with RIP communication and not great duplex registration on 13x19 sheets.

Last edited:
Hi SoggyWinter. Interesting you are having problems with your V3100. I have not heard of problems from from anyone else. Maybe yours is a lemon. I bet a "baby" Iridesse would still be an arm and a leg. I think a V180 would be a sidewise move for me even with metallic and white, especially since I do all my finishing offline.

We have two Ricoh 7210s and a Versant 2100. The only thing I would say the Versant 2100 does better than the others is raw speed. You send a long run to it and it just cranks out the work without pauses or hesitations. In every other respect, it seems like it is an inferior product.

Our 2100 would need a new 2nd BTR every time we ran carbonless and then tried to run coated paper. That was a real problem.

Thanks kdw. Interesting stuff. Yes I'm always having to replace the 2nd BTR on my 2100. Fortunately now I have got the techs always leaving me one here so can I do myself. This did not use to be the case. I Run NCR on my offset! so not a problem with the BTR. Do you run pre perforated sheets? if so how does it run? this has been the only reason I have hung on to my small offset.

My 3100 runs pre-perforated sheets perfed using a Duplo micro-perf wheel without issue- both perfed carbonless and cover weight media perfed bi-directionally. Never had to change the 2nd BTR due to running carbonless.

I have V80 and would have to replace the 2nd BTR after large mono jobs, mainly when on copier. Same with carbonless but I generally perf, collate and number offline on a Morgana FSN........suppose habit from when we had litho.

Thanks kdw. Interesting stuff. Yes I'm always having to replace the 2nd BTR on my 2100. Fortunately now I have got the techs always leaving me one here so can I do myself. This did not use to be the case. I Run NCR on my offset! so not a problem with the BTR. Do you run pre perforated sheets? if so how does it run? this has been the only reason I have hung on to my small offset.

Yes, we have run lots of pre-prefed carbonless on all machines without any problems. Both the Ricohs AND the Xerox C75 didn't have issues with carbonless messing up the 2nd BTR, so I am not sure why the 2100 does.

Our offset presses sit idle more and more. We still run spot color jobs on them and envelopes.

I know I'm getting off subject a bit, but would love to hear from anyone who does have a small offset that is NOT doing less and less work on it! Every year that go's by the ration of offset jobs to digital is going against offset. (in this part of the world anyway) Is there anyone out there that is surviving on small/medium size offset alone? I have heard that this is not the case in second/third world countries.

I have a mate that only has GTO's (he hates digital) He only survives because he works stupid hours. Having said that he does farm a little digital out. (to me mostley)

Your thoughts?

Good question. I've been seeing a few used Ryobi presses at auctions for not a whole lot and was wondering if that might be a worthwhile investment to expand my all digital operation. Could you post a new thread for this question to get a wider audience?

I know I'm getting off subject a bit, but would love to hear from anyone who does have a small offset that is NOT doing less and less work on it! Every year that go's by the ration of offset jobs to digital is going against offset. (in this part of the world anyway) Is there anyone out there that is surviving on small/medium size offset alone? I have heard that this is not the case in second/third world countries.

I have a mate that only has GTO's (he hates digital) He only survives because he works stupid hours. Having said that he does farm a little digital out. (to me mostley)

Your thoughts?

Is there anyone out there that is surviving on small/medium size offset alone? I have heard that this is not the case in second/third world countries.
I was selling digital presses up until about 1.5 years ago in a large Southern California territory (I now work in a county in-plant). I visited every (known) print shop. There were only a handful of offset-only shops and they were all very small 1-3 man operations...usually 2 color presses like AB Dicks with a T-head or a Multi, etc. They usually had a specialty like carbonless forms that didn't require full color. They would definitely say their volumes were going down, but they were ok with that because most were nearing retirement and were content with less hours and less employees to pay. When they did get requests for full color, all of these shops would outsource to an online site like 4Over.

I've heard nothing. Iridesse and Versant are developed by FujiXerox(FX). The FX partnership is dead and FX is renaming themselves to Fujifilm Business Innovation. They will compete with Xerox in NA/Europe. Xerox will need to find an OEM to replace equipment in this space.

Speed>Price

We have tried to outsource, because it can make sense financially, but our largest clients will not wait more than 2-3 days from order to delivery and many times want partials the next day.

That doesn't look annoying at all. :ROFLMAO: Too bad they don't have support for 2100s that could be fun but glad I don't have to be tempted here.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back