Newbie advice needed on Heidelberg Prosetter 74

tommylos

Hello,
I am looking to buy a used Heidelberg Prosetter which is not popular in my area.
I have been told that one of the challenges that I might face is that they use UV negative plates which are not readily available in my area. What is there is the CTcp positive plate used by Amsky.
My question is, can the prosetter also use these CTcp postive plates?
Many thanks.

Negative. In several ways. That is, the answer is negative. You need negative plates i.e. photopolymer violet sensitive plates. Violet laser (405 nm) platesetters such as Prosetter can only expose plates having sensitivity better than 60 microJoules per sqcm (typical range is 40 to 55 µJ/cm2 for all violet plate types).

My question is, can the prosetter also use these CTcp postive plates? You can not use positive plates, additional the plates are Violet not UV, so Kodak, Agfa and fuji have this kind of plates, the technical name es Photopolymer Violet plates
The information from maxon is precise and correct, and will be important to know what kind of print are you thinking produce.

Thank you very much for the much needed advice. After enquiries I have realised that photopolymer violet plates are not available in my area. Thus the Prosetter would be a bad purchase. We only have CTcp positive plates mostly used by Amsky and also thermal plates. What about a Heidelberg Suprasetter, does it work with thermal plates or there are also specific plates that it works with?

Well, I am currently eyeing a used year 2009 Suprasetter A52/A75. It has been configured for proccessles plates but they say it can also do convectional.
It is being sold with no software, the dealer says the printer was using it via online from Heidelberg.
What software do I need to run it and any leads on how I can get it? What do I need to know and check about these used units to be able to get a good one? Many thanks

Well, I am currently eyeing a used year 2009 Suprasetter A52/A75. It has been configured for proccessles plates but they say it can also do convectional.
It is being sold with no software, the dealer says the printer was using it via online from Heidelberg.
What software do I need to run it and any leads on how I can get it? What do I need to know and check about these used units to be able to get a good one? Many thanks
You need Heidelberg Prinect Metashooter. Every so often one comes up on the second hand market, if purchasing from Heidelberg, they will ask for you soul, your firstborn and a lifetime of servitude :)

@tommylos
Be carefull with buying a second hand Prinect / MetaDimension Shooter. The shooter must exactly fit to your Suprasetter. Heidelberg changed the Suprasetter technical specifications several times since the release of the machine over ten years ago.

Buying a used plate-setter without a compatible, working rip/shooter is highly risky.
You must also have a skilled, competent, experienced (and hopefully not too greedy) technician around.
Depending on the specific make and model and its popularity, spare parts may also be costly and/or hard to find.

You can use metadimension 7.5 and above software for all suprasetter printers. You don't need a shooter for a75, shooter is just needed if you want to use other rip program or if you have a very fast printer. You can find crack for metadimension on the internet. The thing you need to pay attention to when buying is make sure you have the lvds card in your pc.

note : meta shooter is not a rip program . not enough to start the machine.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back