Newbie.....ink costs and type of wf printer. HELP!

BadCompany

Okay, I a complete newbie in wide format printers so I can use any and all possible help.

My problem.....

I want to do something that requires a fair amount of printing on 60inch rolls of paper. My problem is that I have to buy from 80,000 ft2 to 160,000 ft2 of printed paper at a time because it comes from a roto graveura printer. I need over a dozen designs so even my start up is somewhere in a million feet of paper and $80,000. It is a four color jobs. Current costs on 45 gram paper, my cost would be about 8-9 cents a square foot.

Solution...

Can I buy a wide format printer, about 60 inces wide that can print at a decent speed? How fast for how much? It is mostly children designs and woodgrains with a CONTINUES repeated design,

How much is my ink costs? 5 cents a square foot is good. Less is good Less is better.

I will cover the paper with uv coating.

Can they run semi-unattended?

How long will the printer last?

Besides ink, what are the other consumables.

Are they reliable or am I going to bury my head in it's guts every day?

And last but not least.....Am I crazy?

I would really appreciate any help from people who actually have printers. When I talked to HP salesman, they could smell my lack of knowledge a mile away. Besides, their ink costs make it unattractive.

Last edited:
why dont you get a quote from a large format printer for what you want to do and then you will know what it would profittably cost to do the job. ad in the cost of your special paper and voila you have a fair idea of your costs including machine overhead labor,etc. the bigger machines have roll to roll capability so you could run unattended, but someone still needs to check on things.

Okay, I a complete newbie in wide format printers so I can use any and all possible help.

My problem.....

I want to do something that requires a fair amount of printing on 60inch rolls of paper. My problem is that I have to buy from 80,000 ft2 to 160,000 ft2 of printed paper at a time because it comes from a roto graveura printer. I need over a dozen designs so even my start up is somewhere in a million feet of paper and $80,000. It is a four color jobs. Current costs on 45 gram paper, my cost would be about 8-9 cents a square foot.

Solution...

Can I buy a wide format printer, about 60 inces wide that can print at a decent speed? How fast for how much? It is mostly children designs and woodgrains with a CONTINUES repeated design,

How much is my ink costs? 5 cents a square foot is good. Less is good Less is better.

I will cover the paper with uv coating.

Can they run semi-unattended?

How long will the printer last?

Besides ink, what are the other consumables.

Are they reliable or am I going to bury my head in it's guts every day?

And last but not least.....Am I crazy?

I would really appreciate any help from people who actually have printers. When I talked to HP salesman, they could smell my lack of knowledge a mile away. Besides, their ink costs make it unattractive.

GrafAmerica offers the most logical solution for UV wide format printers

Two pertinent issues come to mind when evaluating our product line.

1. By utilizing a UV LED “cold light” system, we require dramatically less energy that standard UV curing systems, thus reducing your operating cost. This is paramount in today’s competitive world to allow the end user to have any “edge” over his competitors. The use of lower emission and specially LED curable inks contribute immensely to making the products, GREEN machines. This is another highly important concern that printers are considering when but new generation equipment.

There are certainly many other features and benefits that are offered by the our product line. Particularly the integration of a smart diagnostics system of electronics, developed by SUN Engineering. This system allows for fast data transmission, quality and etc. and it links via the internet directly to our technical evaluation center and pinpoint and often resolve issues within minutes. Additionally, there is no company in the world using this technology for Wide Format Printing, with the possible exception of two other companies, but their size is not wide format and machines can print only on flexible materials.

We are on the leading edge of technology and soon we will be able to offer a new print-head – Konica Minolta with 4 pl of drop size.

Once you have had a chance to review the our materials, we can discuss your particular size and consumable requirements so that we can provide you with an accurate price consideration.

If you want to participate competitively in the wide format print market with the lowest operating costs and the flexibility to offer even white printing-GO GREEN and contact us immediately.

Best regards,

GrafAmerica LLC
250 main Street
Moorestown, New Jersey 08057
Tel: 856 495 9091
Email: [email protected]

GrafAmerica offers the most logical solution for UV wide format printers

Two pertinent issues come to mind when evaluating our product line.

1. By utilizing a UV LED “cold light” system, we require dramatically less energy that standard UV curing systems, thus reducing your operating cost. This is paramount in today’s competitive world to allow the end user to have any “edge” over his competitors. The use of lower emission and specially LED curable inks contribute immensely to making the products, GREEN machines. This is another highly important concern that printers are considering when but new generation equipment.

There are certainly many other features and benefits that are offered by the our product line. Particularly the integration of a smart diagnostics system of electronics, developed by SUN Engineering. This system allows for fast data transmission, quality and etc. and it links via the internet directly to our technical evaluation center and pinpoint and often resolve issues within minutes. Additionally, there is no company in the world using this technology for Wide Format Printing, with the possible exception of two other companies, but their size is not wide format and machines can print only on flexible materials.

We are on the leading edge of technology and soon we will be able to offer a new print-head – Konica Minolta with 4 pl of drop size.

Once you have had a chance to review the our materials, we can discuss your particular size and consumable requirements so that we can provide you with an accurate price consideration.

If you want to participate competitively in the wide format print market with the lowest operating costs and the flexibility to offer even white printing-GO GREEN and contact us immediately.

Best regards,

GrafAmerica LLC
250 main Street
Moorestown, New Jersey 08057
Tel: 856 495 9091
Email: [email protected]

Care to publicly tell us how much your system costs to cover 26 inch uv bed that currently using a 200 waits per inch lamp in the 360 nm range?

I looked at LED uv curing and the cost was astronomical. Do you have a price breakthrough?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back