Nexus 8.5 Rev2 Assembler Issue

kev234

We're having problems getting certain jobs to go thru the Assembler that are created in Illustrator CS3. They have tons of vignettes on them, so I think this is the problem. Sometimes the error will be VM error, or else it will say 'UncaughtException' error. I can rasterize this Photoshop and make it work, but I have way too many jobs that I'd have to do this with. Is there a setting in Illustrator or in Nexus that will help me out with this? Thanks!

We're having problems getting certain jobs to go thru the Assembler that are created in Illustrator CS3. They have tons of vignettes on them, so I think this is the problem. Sometimes the error will be VM error, or else it will say 'UncaughtException' error. I can rasterize this Photoshop and make it work, but I have way too many jobs that I'd have to do this with. Is there a setting in Illustrator or in Nexus that will help me out with this? Thanks!

For the VM error...increase your VM in the Import module. For the Uncaught Exception you can usually just retry it from the point of failure and it will usually work on the 2nd or 3rd try.

For the VM error...increase your VM in the Import module. For the Uncaught Exception you can usually just retry it from the point of failure and it will usually work on the 2nd or 3rd try.

Thanks Joe. I actually did those earlier, but no luck. The max available memory is 2048, and that's what I have it set at. I have retried it several times too on the Uncaught Exception error, but no luck.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back