Nexus Manager 9.0.3 - color mapping mistake

pacart

Ok, at some point I mistakenly changed the mapping of black to a process version of Reflex Blue. So right now you can see that black appears as Reflex (100,72,0,6).

What I want to know is how can I permanently change the color back to actual black?

screen shot 1 shows my entire workflow
screen shot 2 shows the "Merge OPPO files" module
screen shot 3 shows the "importing" module

I think I changed something in the "importing" module, but I'm not sure how to fix it.

Any Nexus Gurus out there.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 1.jpg
    Screen Shot 1.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 178
  • Screen shot 2.jpg
    Screen shot 2.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 172
  • Screen shot 3.jpg
    Screen shot 3.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 187
I use Nexus, but am fairly new to it and am still figuring things out.

Are you able to change the color build recipe in Screenshot #2 so it reads 0C 0M 0Y 100k? It looks to me that it is still a Black separation, just the onscreen appearance is using the color build of Reflex.

this could be a solution for your problem:

Take a look at the file "User Colours"
When there is a entry for black, delete the entry, save and rip a testfile to check the mapping in your workflow

remind: first: make a copy of that file as backup! second: the "User Colours" file is for your hole nexus

write me if it was helpfull, otherwise the problem is somewhere else :S

greez

this could be a solution for your problem:

Take a look at the file "User Colours"
When there is a entry for black, delete the entry, save and rip a testfile to check the mapping in your workflow

remind: first: make a copy of that file as backup! second: the "User Colours" file is for your hole nexus

write me if it was helpfull, otherwise the problem is somewhere else :S

greez

Thanks for the help greez! It worked perfectly. Would you be able to tell me how i managed to change this and how would you normally change it back?

I use Nexus, but am fairly new to it and am still figuring things out.

Are you able to change the color build recipe in Screenshot #2 so it reads 0C 0M 0Y 100k? It looks to me that it is still a Black separation, just the onscreen appearance is using the color build of Reflex.

Dan i was still able to change the color mix, but it would never hold, it would always revert back to the unwanted color mix. And yes, i was simply trying to change the color on the screen, my plates were coming out fine, it just bugged me that the icon was blue when it should have been black.

good to hear!

when you change the values of a color (defined or undefined color, doesn't matter) in your "merge oppo files"-module, nexus asks you if you want to save that color to your user-color-list.
the only way to change such settings back is to manually delete it in the file, as you did.

greez

..........manually delete it in the file, as you did.

greez

This seems like an afterthought or they just didn't want to deal with it. The manual doesn't even say how to do this, or at least I couldn't find it. It seems very much like amateur software development for them to implement a function, but not give you a way to reverse or undo it within the same module...........this must have been given to the intern or something.....I know my version is old, so I hope they have dealt with it.

naa, version 9.5.8 still the same. i'm not sure when they implemented it, as my first version of nexus had it also

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back