Nexus Proofer Workflow with OPI

gdog05

Hey guys and gal. I need some help creating a Workflow in Nexus 9.5.6 for proofing. I need PDF in, OPI, composite PDF out to an EFI XF RIP. I'm having a hard time getting the OPI to work. Does anyone have a similar workflow I can emulate? Thanks much!

What error are you getting with the OPI?

You do need to make sure your Mapping Keys for OPI are setup correctly in the workflow. IE: Mapping on the workstation compared to how the map is on the server.

@CHM Why OPI? To keep traffic and filesize down. We've been getting some horrendously large files. Hell on the network, and no real reason to process it any more than we have to.

@pcmodem: Thank you for that. I'm mapping to our output folder, where all of the PDFs get generated, not to the Jobs folder, correct? Here is what I've got (if this is allowed)

and that path is correct for our trapped files. Which is what we want.

First Part:
If you are using this in a workflow coming from your Page Layout applications. Then the OPI will only save in filesize and space when transferring the initial PDF to the Nexus Server. After the OPI PDF runs through this workflow, the file size will grow to what you would have created from the Page Layout application.

Second Part:
The "From Path" needs to be the Path on the output station to where the graphics are located which are placed in the Page Layout application.
The "To Path" is the exact same location but how it appears on the Nexus RIP.

Ok, using your info, I swear I've gone through every possible combination for mapping the address. I only get black boxes. Then, it spits out 2 files, one with the (nexus number)opi.pdf. Can't quite figure out what I'm doing wrong. Thank you for your help, though. This forum is great.

you might want to try the relative folders.

One other thing you can do is create a very simple file with one graphic in the page layout application and then make a postscript using your OPI settings in your page layout application. Open the postscript in a text editor and look for the graphic name. It should give you the path structure for you.

I have to head off for the day, but I'll be in here all weekend messing with it. Thanks again for your help, there's some excellent leads there, if nothing else.

My give up

My give up

Ok, I'm just skipping OPI. At least for now, I have other problems to contend with. Mostly EFI problems. Thanks for the help!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back