Nexus stitcher

bbmeister

Would anyone have a Nexus PDF Stitcher WF that works. We had one when we had Nexus Classic using Links and Pages, but will not work with the new PDF workflow. I tried Esko support but they are no help. They are saying it needs Links/Pages format. We have tried various scenarios but it errors out "No PDF input file provided for the TotalRIP".
Thanks
Bobm

Stitcher

Stitcher

Thanks correct, but Esko is telling me I can convert PDF to LPs and then stitch. I have the LPs going to the Jobs folder on Nexus but apparently it is still looking for a PDF with this error "No PDF input file provided for the TotalRIP"
Thanks

Sticher

Sticher

Not sure I follow here but the output from a stitcher is either tiff or postscript as such a Stitcher cannot feed a a TotalRip module.

As for Links and Pages this is postscript only unless perhaps you make a PDF link file and it links to the 1 bit tif?

Agreed, you can't feed a total rip anything but a PDF.

You could create a WF that took your PDFs and turned them into links and pages but that'd flatten your PDFs (might as well just work in Quark).

Generally, the Nexus support guys know what they are talking about and if they couldn't figure it out, then it's likely a lost cause.

We are using the stitcher in a PDF workflow. But the stitcher is working on 1 bit tiffs instead of PDF's. These are then stitched together and sent to our Platesetter.

Where are you wanting to send your files to?

We also stitch 1 bit tiffs, this might be the solution you are looking for. Instead of sending your 1 bit tiffs to your output device, send them to the stitcher then to your output device.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back