Nexus workflow help

Hello all
I need some Nexus workflow help...
I'm not sure if it can be done or not, but I'd like to build a Page workflow in Nexus which would combine a set of separated 1-bit TIFFs into a single low-res Link file, which could then be stepped in ArtPro.

I'm not much on building workflows from scratch... they never seem to work! I'm starting with a edit of the "Screened Page" workflow type which seems to work with single 1-bit TIFFs, and after a bit of research I tried adding in a "Select File" process, which I thought might combine TIFFs in a folder, if the whole folder was dropped into the workflow, by using the "Group files" checkbox. When I drop the whole folder onto the workflow, it does rip without error, but the link file I get seems to be only the first TIFF in the folder. Any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong?

You should be able to do that using Dotspy, which is a program bundled with Nexus

Put tiffs on same hard drive youve got your Nexus program on in a folder, then drag that folder into Dot Spy, there you can change the colors of your ink, then just save a link file to your job folder then print to one of your Nexus printer

Wow. That's pretty cool. I had no idea DotSpy could do that!
Do the high-res versions have to remain in the same place for the link to work?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back