No Appreciation

gordo

311%20No%20Appreciation_zpsrjenlobq.jpg

That evening to spouse: "Only got 6 mil on my exit package, we're going to have to tighten our belts until I can find another sucker Board Of Directors. Let's let the wait staff, butler, and limo driver go........."

gordo. I like the new Avatar, but, you might want to rethink it's permanent use. Lookup the Spanish translation of that hand signal. It has a couple of translations (depending on the size of the circle formed by the thumb touching the forefinger), but, it could be confused with a not so politically correct meaning. Years ago, it was a big advertising fiasco by a large ad firm here in the states trying to market down in South America. Needless to say, the message wasn't warmly accepted south of the border.

gordo. I like the new Avatar, but, you might want to rethink it's permanent use. Lookup the Spanish translation of that hand signal. It has a couple of translations (depending on the size of the circle formed by the thumb touching the forefinger), but, it could be confused with a not so politically correct meaning. Years ago, it was a big advertising fiasco by a large ad firm here in the states trying to market down in South America. Needless to say, the message wasn't warmly accepted south of the border.

Thanks for that info! I'll make the change.

That reminds me of the Chevy Nova. "nova" loosely translated means "no go" in Spanish.

That reminds me of the Chevy Nova. "nova" loosely translated means "no go" in Spanish.

Guess they didn't sell very many "Chevy No Go's" in Mexico.

Coors translated it's then slogan "Turn It Loose" into Spanish, where it read as "Suffer From Diarrhea". Nobody wanted to drink Coors Beer down there either.

My personal favorite, though, was Clairol beauty products. They introduced the "Mist Stick" (a curling iron) in to Germany. Evidently, in Germany, the word "mist" is slang for "manure". Not too many Germans had use for a "Manure Stick"

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back