non-stop feed and delivery

We have load turners and autowashes too.
"Hey Billy! Throw dat load and wash all d'blankets!!"
See...works every time.....heh,heh....

As a pressman I rarely used them. As a pressroom Forman in a large shop with pressure form the higher above us did use them. You have to consider the work you are running. If the jobs are small runs it would seem they would not be a help however in my shop we ran the 6 colors with 2 men. The 7, 8, and 44 ran with three. The operators would turn over smaller W&turn jobs and stab them under the balance of the white paper of the last load. This freed them up to do side guide changer and other things. Even if the press trips it still saves time. Tough to get into the groove but once you do you can produce quite a bit more.

We dont use the continuous feeder/ delivery simply because we dont have the boards! Still, if you pull your finger out you have a pile in and out of both ends and running in well under 5 mins...depends on your assistant really, if they are on the ball.. But at the end of tha day if you have run say 80,000 sheets thats 11 or 12 change overs and an hour of lost time, not including blanket washes and make ready time etc...

ive used them but only when running packaging type board, of say 450micron and above, had to stop every 10 minutes or less!
And it keeps the labourers busy thats for sure. If you can find them.

ive used them but only when running packaging type board, of say 450micron and above, had to stop every 10 minutes or less!
And it keeps the labourers busy thats for sure. If you can find them.

labourers can be a bit of a mystery at times... where did i put that spare set of hands?? 10 mins after a full wash up ive had an old labourer turn up.. he had been on the phone for 2 hours..

I've used them on one of our sm102 640 perfectors, with a max speed of only 13iph they do help make up some time. The press is fairly new with a feeder plus from the XL on it. Setting the blankets to be hit quick wash every 10,000 sheets, and timing the feeder and delivery so they are dropping at different times you can produce a lot of work. In one 12 hour shift using the nonstop feed/delivery we were able to run 140,000m sheets. Granted that was a "perfect" day but still they can be used. 95,000 sheets in 8 hours was fairly easy to do with the right stock. It does take some practice but they can and do work.

It's interesting when I was the Lead pressman(still am at heart) I would use the continuous feed/delivery all the time and everyone said I was "working to hard". Now my role has changed into Pressroom Manager and we have incentive programs where the Pressman are reviewed and compensated based on their through put. Now all the sudden the continuous feeder and delivery are being used all the time. Interesting how that works...

Mike

Last edited:
It's interesting when I was the Lead pressman(still am at heart) I would use the continuous feed/delivery all the time and everyone said I was "working to hard". Now my role has changed into Pressroom Manager and we have incentive programs where the Pressman are reviewed and compensated based on their through put. Now all the sudden the continuous feeder and delivery are being used all the time. Interesting how that works...

Mike

Imagine that, incentivise people to be a little more efficient and look what happens. I wondered what it would be like if everyone got a little something to make things better. Hey I saved $200,000 today can I get my $10,000 check? :)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back