Numbering a print job

printmontreal

Hello All. Recently picked up a Xerox v280. Very new to me.. I am a small off-set printer, and manufacture Engraved Stationery! I am curious to know if v280 can add numbering to a print job, like a P.O. form?!

thank you!

Mike

Do you mean print a specific po number on all the job outside the trim area?
Or
Number a job like ncr books or raffle tickets?

Not directly on the machine/rip.

You need to create the file prior to printing. We do it with the data merge feature in inDesign. You basically create an excel csv file and link it into the inDesign artwork.
You can have inDesign spit out a complete file or if the file size is too large or complex you can have a base and numbers separate and then combine these in the fiery rip.

There are a number of other programs that will do similar like numbering star.

If you have Fiery Impose you can use it to lay the files out multiple up on the sheet so the stack runs in order for cutting.

You need to create the file prior to printing. We do it with the data merge feature in inDesign. You basically create an excel csv file and link it into the inDesign artwork.
You can have inDesign spit out a complete file or if the file size is too large or complex you can have a base and numbers separate and then combine these in the fiery rip.

If you have Fiery Impose you can use it to lay the files out multiple up on the sheet so the stack runs in order for cutting.
You can also set up the variable data for the numbering in Fiery Freeform Create

I had several csv files for cut & stack layouts but it you can omit data merge pretty often. Create a multiple page (100, 500, whatever is the final qty) doc. Use auto page number character on the parent page, define the start number from the page panel. Impose at the RIP/CWS.

You can use indesign, a bit more steps, or montax-imposer.com, works well. $275 for one seat as a plug in. However it only works with 32bit acrobat. The is a problem with windows 11.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back