Odd behavior with a code in supplied PDF

orka81

Hi guys,

i have an unusual problem. PDF supplied by client (Adobe InDesign Server CS4). Goes into Rampage or Prinergy and one code disappears (same code on 2 pages) when the file is ripped. It prints fine from the originating PDF, incidentally.

Turn on Separations Preview and the code disappears.

The code is black, by the way. And it cannot be selected at all using Pitstop.

It is a layered PDF, but the code still shows when all the layers are turned off.

The workaround is to make a PS of the PDF, distill that and only then does the text become editable, and also "rippable" in either Prinergy or Rampage. The PDF comes to us with the rule that we cannot manipulate it in any way, shape or form.

The code, when it is distilled, is: HelveticaNeueLTW1G-CN, and is a Type 1 font.

Any ideas what's causing this? I've looked some on the web but haven't found anything that hasn't already been troubleshot to death.

Thanks,

SBurke

Is it a comment/markup? If you make PostScript with markups off does it still appear?

If I use the PDF Optimizer and select "Discard all comments, forms & multimedia", the code disappears, so that tells me something.

Thanks for the tip!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back