Offset ink selection

Andrei83

Hello. printing press CONCEPTA Muller MARTINI web. We print with oil paints for web press. There are problems with printing, strong tinting. If you take ink for offset sheet presses, then there are no such problems. Which paint is the right one to choose? Yes dampening device Integrated, without dampening roller. Water is supplied through the ink machine. Anyone with experience with these presses please help.
The printing plate is rolled up with paint. And it's impossible to print.
IMG_20220212_231645.jpg

Last edited:
Some questions to help the group with suggestions
Type of drying-- Heatset, UV, EB?
Is this a new problem, Any changes to ink/plate supplier or other press materials supplier
Problem on all units and all colours?
Cheers

Terms you use are not common?
Ink is not paint!
Sheetfed inks are usually oil based, short length, stiff body, high tack 12-16.
Webfed inks (heatset solvent & coldset absorption) are longer length, looser body, lower tack 6-12.
Faster speeds increase the tack.
There is a technical difference between types of dirty printing:
dry-up, catch-up from too little dampening
tint, tone from too much dampening
scum, sensitivity from plate, or fountain solution chemistry (pH, umhos)
Check the ink & fountain solution for compatibility and water-pickup.

The main question is what ink should be used to print on such a colorful and moisturizing device as in the photo? For web or sheet machines?

Some questions to help the group with suggestions
Type of drying-- Heatset, UV, EB?
Is this a new problem, Any changes to ink/plate supplier or other press materials supplier
Problem on all units and all colours?
Cheers
The ink for the roll machine did not go immediately on this machine. We took the ink for the sheet machine that was used on the speedmaster 102 and the tinting of the form immediately passed. Now there is no experienced printer on this printing machine, so I took it upon myself to figure out what the matter is. The ink is ordinary oil.

I now see your are posting from Russia.
Sheetfed ink has too high a tack for web presses.
You have to compensate for faster speeds with lower tack.
Otherwise, high tack at high speed would rupture paper surface with pickouts.
Is your application business forms, on uncoated offset plain paper?

I now see your are posting from Russia.
Sheetfed ink has too high a tack for web presses.
You have to compensate for faster speeds with lower tack.
Otherwise, high tack at high speed would rupture paper surface with pickouts.
Is your application business forms, on uncoated offset plain paper?
Yes, the paper is offset, uncoated 50 grams. We use ink for newspaper and offset printing without drying. Next to me I have a similar printing machine for forms, but an older model and there the form does not tint on this ink.

Is it possible that as a result of being a new to your plant machine that the settings and general operation of the presses dampening unit has not been fully mastered yet?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back