Oki 9800 register & printing out of square.

Darlek

Has anyone had register or printing out of square issues with a Oki 9800. On close inspection the yellow is not in perfect register with the other colours. I have fitted a new drive belt but still no improvement. It is not a big miss register and know complaints so far but I know it is not correct. Also being critical it does not print exactly square, which I also thought the new drive belt would fix but no luck with this either.

Yeah, there should be some kind of color calibration directly from control panel. I don't remember anything like that in service mode. In any case - scroll trough control panel if you will not find a solution - let me know, I can look up what the service manual says. Please make sure you're running on stock withing specs of the printer.

register 7 square printing Oki 9800

register 7 square printing Oki 9800

i have no idea how to find the calibration mode. I understand how it would work but I have scrolled through the menu and no calibration mode was found. I have a workflow attached and perhaps a calibration can be run from the workflow. However I am sure it is printing marginally our of square because when I print and work & turn the sheet it shows a marginally out of square image. The problem I have is how to correct this issue.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back