Oki 9800 thicker stock

Darlek

I have been using a OKI 9800 for a couple of years producing short run work i.e bus cards etc. However the spec for thickness is a max of 280gsm and I have ran 320gsm with no notable issues. However is there a conversation kit so I can run much thicker stock. I have looked at the Zanti machines and they look the same as the OKI but seem to offer a better tolerance of stock.

Hi, how are you? I am a service engineer, not Oki but anyway... I don't think that Xante uses physically different Fuser or tweaks chassis of Oki in any possible way... They may have allowed to heat the fuser unit for the higher temp. There is a Custom setting for a fuser mode in your oki - see how high can you set it in the machine - that may allow you to print on thicker stock. 320 gsm is high - what is it a 16pt yet? Printer may forgive you running over-the-specs media but you'd be wearing Fuser/Drums prematurely. There is , definitively, no kit for thicker media.

I used to run 350gsm on my OKI C9650 before I upgraded to Xerox, but the drums really took a battering. With new drums, prints were good, with very good registration, but print quality was unsellable by the time the drums were 30% through their life.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back