OKI C931e

Shawnd

Just got one in, first impression, this printer is huge! This will be replacing our Xerox 7400 for printing envelopes. We are waiting to get the Straight Shooter LF Pro Plus envelope feeder in to match up to this since our old Straight Shooter LF-12 won't work on this printer, trust me we tried, it won't work. The 7400 gave us issues with embossing, from what I was told this 931 won't have that issue.

Any questions feel free to ask.

We are having issues with the envelopes sealing after running through the printer, I have tried about every setting I can think of. Played with the weights going from ultra light to heavy, tried plain paper settings as well. Tried different envelopes, even western states digi-clears and they all seal going through, switching the media to ultra light does help with the sealing but it still happens. Having to send samples to OKI to see if they can figure out the issue. Anyone else run across this and found a fix?

Fixed the issue, mpt tray was set to com-10, in order to print correctly it needs to be set as letter size in order to change weights and paper settings.

Just wanted to do an update, we got the new Straight Shooter in and man is this printer quick, 1 #10 envelope per second, 6 x 9.5's were not much slower, maybe 1.2 seconds per envelope. Quality is good so far, we mainly are printing color logo's / return / permit and variable data addressing.

Embossing is not an issue anymore since we have more control over this printer.

Wow, can't believe it has been 2 years already. We have over 500,000 clicks on the printer and it is still going strong. We must have got a defective media thickness sensor straight from the factory because the machine was sooo finicky about envelopes (paper jams out the wazoo) till we replaced that a few months back, now it will run anything we throw at it, even does remit envelopes duplex at a good speed, was surprised at that. We just had to run 16pt 6x9 postcards through it to burn an address/barcode on that we couldn't get the inkjet to dry on the coating, handled them like a champ, wasn't the fastest but it got the job done. Quality is still good, much better than a memjet that is for sure.

The only thing I wish it would do is not stop so often for temp adjustments, even on light setting it will do it every 30-40 envelopes, it stop for about 30 seconds then start again.

Last edited:
I use the straight shooter, I can load up about 100-150 remits at a time and it does a good job at feeding them into the printer.

We have always had the C9000 series and use them till they die, think i am on the 4 or 5th one. We duplex long flap remits, and can run PEW envelopes that no one else seems to want to (without the feeder). Just got a C941, eager to run clear and white, just getting it running with the external fiery - like it alot, going to prob get a C931 to replace the C9000 when it dies... which wont be too long...

Which fiery did you get with it? Your the first person I have seen with a fiery hooked up to one.

its a XF fiery, havent messed with it at all. just finally got new belts for the straight shooter.... I do know i need some help figuring out how to do Variable data - with a regular fiery, i know how to do it. Even simple stuff like setting a template/background doesn't seem to work on the C941

Hello,

I have a Xante Illumina / OKI C9600

To calibrate (Fine adjustment) the media sensor auto media detection sensor you need the Pre-Measured Transparency Pack P/N 42527801 but I'm being told it is discontinued.

Does anyone know of any alternatives or anything I can do?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back