OKI C942 Envelope Printer - run quantity limit

jwheeler

We recently purchased an OKI C942 with a Fiery Controller and envelope feeder.

We need to do runs of 5,000 at a time or more. We input a quantity of 5,000 in the Fiery, but the machine only accepts a qty of 999 each time. So that means we need to send the job 5+ times. Is there a way to send all 5,000 at once?

999 limit is with the print driver, should be able to send all 5000 through the fiery.

Thanks Shawnd , but that's the problem we're having. We are inputting a qty of 5,000 in the Fiery, but the printer will stop at 999. Did you have to adjust any settings to make it receive more than 999?

We don't have the Fiery we use Iqueue on our Xante. If we enter 1000 the machine prints and 999 then pauses and prints one. I'm surprised the Fiery doesn't behave the same way.

I don't have a fiery on mine, but I did try the Harlequin rip from RTI and it worked fine, just could not justify the cost of it. Looks like RTI did away with the OKI rips so I made a good decision on that one.

I wanted to update this post since we found a resolution in case anyone else could benefit. Oki suggested we upgrade to the latest version of the Fiery - this required a memory (hardware) upgrade, then updating the system software to Windows 10, then installing all of the latest patches, etc. This initially did not solve the problem until we troubleshot further with an Oki tech and they told us: "Be sure to switch setting for “Sorter Mode” to OFF. This setting is located in the FINISHING section of the Fiery Job Properties." This finally resolved the issue and we can send whatever quantity we want! Now we're curious if this "Sorter Mode" was all that was needed before upgrading the Fiery, but oh well! At least we won't have to worry about an upgrade for a while!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back