Opaque White on Clear plastic/acetate

tshark

I have a sample of a postcard that was printed 4cp with a very good dot pattern and a large border in opaque white. It is well done and does not scratch off. The opaque white is very solid. What process might this be? Indigo, offset etc. Can screen printing do a very small and excellent dot pattern? The stock is about a 10 Point clear piece of platic.

I have a sample of a postcard that was printed 4cp with a very good dot pattern and a large border in opaque white. It is well done and does not scratch off. The opaque white is very solid. What process might this be? Indigo, offset etc. Can screen printing do a very small and excellent dot pattern? The stock is about a 10 Point clear piece of platic.

Probably Offset UV. Possibly screen printed.

best, gordo

Can you estimate the LPI of the "very small and excellent dot pattern"?
That will determine whether the opaque white could have been done with screen printing or not.

It was not clear to me whether the opaque white was just put down as a solid or if it was screened along with the 4cp.

The job could have been produced using more than one printing process.

Voices of the future!!!!
Sorry for the late answer... Yes, the last post is the best answer. UV opaque white ink in offset press is expanding the list of products of the offset system. Since uv inks have virtually instant curing and more opaque appereance of inks, you can run a uv offset press with paper or plastics.

Takes some time to learn about this kind of techniques but it's funny to produce more effects in printing products.

We print just one hit of opaque white, then kcmy and layer of coating, the result is a good looking piece of transparent, metallic and opaque effects. Just like you'll see in perfume pachages.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back