Open old quark documents

ajr

My customer wants a reprint of some old jobs. Looks like the docs were done in quark 4 or 5. I can't open them! I only have v 7. Can anyone out there open them and save in a newer format so I can use them I would be eternally grateful.

Thanks

AjR

I can post them on our ftp.

Any version of QuarkXPress can open documents created by older versions. Just use File> Open or drag the document file onto the QuarkXPress icon.

I've never seen a newer version not open up an older version unless it's a Quark Xpress Passport file and you don't have Passport. Are you sure it's a Quark file? Open it with a text editor and see if you can see what kind of file it actually is.

Are you on a windows machine? If you are, make sure you add .qxd if they don't already have a file extension. Double clicking or file open may not work if there is no extension on them. If you're on a Mac see if they're missing the extension, may work by adding it there as well.

Can anyone out there open them and save in a newer format so I can use them I would be eternally grateful.

Thanks

AjR

I can post them on our ftp.

I can have a look for you. We've got all versions (inc. Passport) here.

What message comes on opening the file. Quark 7 have some problem on opening the file of v4 or 5 and it throws the error "Unable to Open Document" on opening the file. If this kind of message comes than update your QuarkXPress 7.0 to 7.5 and try to open it.

Hope it will work!!:)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back