Options to drive an HP Indigo

We currently have two RIP systems to support an Indigo press output. We have Artwork's Nexus PDF RIP to handle limited prepress automation/editing tasks and an Esko Backstage RIP that HP OEM'd that petty much does nothing but RIP jlt files to the Indigo. There is no automation functionality in the HP/Esko system, so I would like to can it and setup a single solution to perform our automation tasks and drive the press.

We can send jlt files from the Nexus RIP with an additional driver, but all of our color management settings were initially setup through the Esko/HP RIP, so we never really utilized that output path. I've been trying to work with Esko to upgrade the Nexus RIP to AE10, but they're telling me that they can not drive the Indigo from AE10 and that I would have to continue to run the HP/Esko RIP (even thought they've been stating all along that AE10 will be able to support all functionality from either Backstage or Nexus).

So....long-story-short, is anyone driving an Indigo with any RIP software other than Esko/HP? If not, does anyone know of any other options to do so? Our particular press has the old IPtech RIP installed with it if that makes any difference/helps.

Thanks in advance for any help.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back