Oris Color Tuner Web

tcaste

Hello everyone!

I have a question about which CMM in Oris Color Tuner Web to use. In Oris Color Tuner Web when you go to, File: Preferences: Choose the ICC tab & @ the bottom you have 3 choices for CMM, Oris CMM or Adobe CMM. Does anyone know the difference between the 2 CMM's so we can determine which one works best for us & our work-flow?

Thanks in advance!

Which CMM to use in Oris Press matcher

Which CMM to use in Oris Press matcher

I agree to use the Adobe CMM. Just last week had an installation and training by CGS.
They also advised to use the Adobe CMM. It is used in all adobe applications and also in other RIP vendors. Why would you want to use a different one?

I think the difference is probably not noticable, but if you can choose, why not use the "industry standard".

I have tested both of them in the past with practically no difference (this was few years back).

The difference may not be noticeable for many colors, but it's worth noting that enabling Adobe CMM for RGB to CMYK conversion will also enable Adobe's Black Point Compensation.

I would agree on keeping things consistent, when we had our training they never mentioned anything about the CMM & which setting to use.
Thanks again everyone for your input!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back